What water levels are safe to launch from Tanner's

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by kitsinni, Dec 28, 2009.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have the rest of the week off after today and was hoping to do a little fishing. What river level is safe to leave from Tanner's?

2. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    It depends on the size of your boat and more importantly the amount of crap floating downstream. I wish they had a trash meter down there I could save myself a trip. :smile2::smile2: I have a 16ft boat and I am waiting until at least Saturday when its closer to 30 rather than 40ft. My last experience down there wasn't so pleasent so I am not taking any chances.

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It is supposed to be down to 33ish on Thursday might try then.

4. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    i haven't been out but i was down by the river yesterday. it was way up and movin' fast. i have a 17ft tracker spectrum and i wouldn't have wanted to be out there on it. a bigger boat wouldn't be to bad i guess

5. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Using the Cincinnati gauge when the water levels are at 33.5 foot the ramp is underwater, the water is up on the flat portion of the ramp and into the parking lot and the discharge is underwater to the left of the creek.

Ideal levels are between 27 and 32 foot, summer pool is 26 foot and no current, I have tracked this for years because I have such a long ways to travel to the river. I have been out on the river when it was at 38 foot and it was no fun dodging those big trees and all the garbage that the river picks off the banks when it rises sharply, another thing that you can watch is the water levels in Pittsburgh where the Ohio river starts it takes three days for that water to get to Tanners creek and another three days for that water to get to Henderson, Ky

Doc

6. JUMPER

JUMPER New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I was just at Tanners and it is still very launchable. Its up a few feet but there was'nt any debri in the creek. I launched there a couple times last year from the flat part of the parking lot and it was'nt alot of fun so hoping to not have to do that anytime soon.

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I launched at arnolds creek 1 time when the river was at 52 feet and another near 50. Caught a ton of fish one day and a few the other. Hit the river and it turned my boat sideways the first time. Turned around and fished the creek. Was allot of fun. The other time we fished the creek and it was just average.