What was your most favorite trip?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catsrking, Dec 13, 2006.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have been to many different destinations during my time with the Army. I have to choose two - Germany and Alaska. Both were remarkable and quite enjoyable. :big_smile:

How 'bout y'all?

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Thats a tuff one, but my most enjoyable would be the Phillapines :big_smile: , and Egypt (went to Cairo)

3. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    yeah man! Would love to travel to either of those places. :big_smile:

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tom, my favorite military "trip" was Thule, Greenland... reason, it was so different.

My best vacation trip has been Hawaii, next would be Alaska. :cool2:

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Spent 6 weeks in Nepal, trekking in the mountains. It was awesome, but I was ready to come home.

6. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Decatur, Texas ... you should have seen the curves on this babe. (now thats funny, I don't care who you are) :lol:

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Seeing the stature of Liberty on a troop ship coming home from Germany Landing in Oakland Ca coming home from Veit Nam:cool2:

8. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I can completely appreciate that...

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I would have to say Alaska (the time my squadron was there it was 24 hours daylight). Talk about wilderness at your front door. Once while there we were loading bombs on our jets and a moose came out of the tree line with her calf, not far from us at all.
    Then I would also have to say Australia! Spent two whole months there in '96. Good thing we left when we did! I was flat broke with nothing to show for except empty beer cans!:big_smile:

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Got sucked up in the draft....that was ok... jodie took care of the x. Got levied to Southern Germany, and then TDY to Weelis AFB in Libia... Back an R&R assignment in Garmish for 6 months of Heven.

bayrunner ray

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My favorite trip was my honeymoon this past summer in Alaska. We did a 4 day land tour, then embarked on a 7 day cruise along the Alaskan/Canadian interior to Vancouver. Great halibut fishing in Icy Straight point and pretty good salmon fishing in Ketchikan.

12. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I agree wholeheartedly, Garmish is truely a slice of heaven! :smile2:

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    North-----Fartherest I've been is CT, but loved Scranton, PA best and Lackawanna State Park was beautiful! But my favorite place is in Prestonsburg KY. :sweet_kiss:

Southwest---Fartherest is Dallas, TX. Too hot for me. 120 degree heat index is for chihuahuas, I can't take it. My body responds better to cold. Sorry TX members. I did enjoy the area and seeing some sights in Dallas, but couldn't enjoy the botanical gardens and outdoor areas for the heat. I enjoyed the historical and sad tour of the museum and JFK's eternal light that Jackie put up for him. BHH.

West----Arkansas, Memphis, Hopkinsville, KY, Paradise, KY. :lol: :dribble:

East-----Sunset, NC.

Southeast----Summerville, SC @ Magnolia Gardens and viewing the fireworks on the 4th of July. :still_dreaming:

South------Archer, FL :tounge_out: :big_smile: :sweet_kiss:

I almost signed the papers to join the Navy at 18. Y'all make me envious, that I didn't. Take care.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

P.S. I had the opportunity to go to the Dominican Republic in May and June, to stay for 5 weeks, but I'm not going south of the border, unless I have to. I drink too much water. I saw what the 2 people looked like that came back and one was only there for a week. Lost lots of weight and looked like a bag of bones, from the heat.

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    All I can remember is that it involved a small piece of colored paper and the Santana Abraxis album. LOL!

15. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

IF that's the truth, it's a wonder you remember that little trip. :0a28:

Be careful, JW will start callin' you Flowerchild too. :go:

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Back in 1967 a friend of mine and I bought a parking lot painting machine at an auction, and hit the road with it!!we made it all the way from Iron mtn Michigan,to Flagstaff Az.up to the Great Salt Lake.and back to Michigan. it took us 10 weeks when we made it home we both had 800$ and sold the Machine for 200 bucks.What a trip. We did parking lots and even painted house numbers on curbs that you could see at night We had a money maker and didnt even know it.If I could find anouther machine like that I would hit the road with it again!! smokey

17. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I'd have to say that my 9 years to Fort Carson was my favorite army tour. Spent three pretty good years in Italy too. But I truly like the last place they sent me was the best, since I'm still here. I grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles and I now live in Tennessee. No comparison and I'll probably never leave here. This area is an outdoor person's paradise. For me it's like being on a permanent working vacation. LOL They only things I don't like are that my allergies are terrible here and the humidity is so bad. But otherwise, it's great!