What was your memorable moment of the year?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by smoothkip25, Nov 14, 2008.

1. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just wanted to hear your guys stories or great fishing moments of the year. The one that sticks out in my mind the most was Shelby catching her first cat! I tell ya she was so excited to catch a catfish. It meant so much to her cause its all i really talk about! Now every fish she sees she asks me," Is that a flathead dad?" Its great, cant wait till it warms up so i can get her back out there! And i promise ill get a Pic of my twin boys sittin beside a 40 pound plus Flathed I catch next summer!:wink:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    My most memorable fishing moment of this year................well all of them. I went fishing only 4 times this year. All with my wife while on leave from Iraq. We did not do so well and got skunked at the Cabelas tourny, but I loved every second of it.

As far as fishing success stories, I will get back to you on that, the year is not over

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    bro hilljack... dont they have a golf course on the base.... sneek out there and fish some ....:smile2:

Bayrunner Ray

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Heather getting her first big cat and me getting my pb 12lb er

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mine was catching my personal best flathead of 55-lbs, just 5 weeks after I had back surgery

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio

I cant wait till that day I catch one that big Jack!

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    mine was my pb 32 in my forum pic.may have been by jugging,but was the best one this year.

now,i can't wait to get one that big on rod and reel.

8. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Hard to pick just one moment from this year..there were so many..so i'll pick a lucky (and some unlucky) 7.....in no particular order........

1. THE BIG ONE/S THAT GOT AWAY. Huge channel (had to be at close to 15 lbs) that i fought for what seemed like forever and pulled up on the rocks at Griggs Reservoir only to lose because i forgot the net.

2. Kip catching his 11.5 lb channel (looked alot bigger) at Alum first time i fished there with him.I think i was almost as excited as he was. So excited in fact that right after he released the fish my clicker went beserk and i tried to set the hook before i turned off the clicker (my first time using the clicker on my 6500c4 reel) and lost what would have probably been my biggest fish of the year....AGAIN!

3.Seeing my fiancee's kids both catch their first catfish and all the fun we had as a family fishing (we fished ALOT!)

4. Catching a whole mess of channels over 5 lbs but none over 10. (I lost more big ones than i caught this year for sure).

5. Falling on my azz on a big slippery rock while attempring to wash my hands in the reservoir then sliding down the rock and being up to my knees in chilly water. Despite being soaked and in pain the first thing i did was look around to make sure NOBODY SAW IT HAPPEN! Then i laughed like a nut.

6 Seeing the look of panic on my fiancee's face when she hooked a DUCK on a nightcrawler under a bobber because i warned her twice that the duck looked hungry before it swam toward her bobber and gulped that worm. The bird panicked and so did Stephanie and i had to make a fast decision...i cut the line!

7. Those handful of moments this year when i thought i'd hooked a good cat only to see those gold-ish colored scales and realize....CARP!

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Probably catching close to 300lb's of fish in 1 night...Only had a couple days like that my entire life, but that night they were all hawgs...One of those nights that give you enough sanity to get skunked 10 more times in a row....:eek:oooh::smile2:

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great stories fellas, Thanks for sharing with us

11. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    mine would have to be catching my pb flat in avatar pic 47 lbs, i still remember seeing it come up the 1st time, it was like he's a hawg, then him going back to the bottom after seeing the boat lights lol, finally landing him and getting him released ok, the 1300 bucks i won in that tournament was nice too :wink:

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My most memorable moments in the past year was setting " 3 " Personal bests.

Bluecat caught on a bluegill head which weighed a whopping 47.9 lbs
    Flathead caught on a live bluegill on a float weighed 43.1 lbs
    And for a truly amazing Flathead rocked the scales at 67.2 lbs......This was my year....the best I've ever had. All these fish were caught on rod & reel using 20 lb mono, from the bank!!! I'm laid up now following a lumbar fusion operation... but I will " Be Back".:cool2:

13. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Theres so many.....cruising around the islands at lake erie in our new boat catching walleye,small mouth and perch..wow what a week that was...Letting the boys run the trolling motor at hammertown lake chasin jugs around that was awsome...going to the big o and kickin some cat fish azz, of course i do that all the time.:wink:

14. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    congrats on a great year. Tell me more about the redtails. Do you guys fish year round and is anyone welcome

15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky

Brother...it is good to hear from you. I hope all is well with you and yours!!! The red-tails is a group of BOC brothers that get together every Tuesday night of the year and fish all night long and into the next morning. No matter what the weather...rain,snow,sleet,cold,hot,we have even fished while tornadoes were seen funneling through the area. We have a blast every time we go out. We cook lots of great foods on the grill for tuesday night supper and we even have some really great breakfasts' with pots of fresh coffee and ususally fried eggs and sausage gravy over homade buttermilk bisquits. In the spring,summer,fall we fish at energy lake for flatheads and in the winter months we move to devils elbow for some great times and Bluecattin'. There is and always has been an open invitation to any and all BOC brothers.....Come on out and fish with us....it will be a great time of fellowship and fishing too. If we dont catch anything...we still have a Blast. We pitch a big tarp or two and enclose an area and several vehichles and with a propane burner or two ...we manage to stay quite cozy. Sometimes if I am really tired...I might lay down in my great big chevy van and lay out the air matress and catch a few ZZZZzzzzz's....but some one is usually bright eyed and bushy tailed and will let me know if a clicker is ripping off. Then I'm up like a jack rabbit and the video camera is ready and waiting. We have sucessfully recorded the catch of a 45 lb Flathead and a 67.2 lb Flathead this year and had one great battle as a freind of ours battled a monster and the fish broke 30 lb mono as he tightened up the drag a bit too much. We always have a great time and all of our trips are very memorable!!!! You are very much welcome to come and fish with us...we have a layed back style of fishing...but none of us will change a thing. Lots of great memories:wink:

16. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My most rememberable trip was whenI took a recovering cancer patient fishing. The catfish she caught weighed about four pounds but you would have thought it was a new world record. I didn't wet a line but had a wonderful time watching the excitement on her face as she got a bite.

17. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My most memorable moment was when I found out my best friend and fishing buddy died on Father's Day. He was like a father to me as well, which made it harder to deal with. Then we had a gathering in his honor which you can see in my signature.

18. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio

Very touching video Johnny! I have been told many stories from other Boc members just how great of a man Tony was. He is greatly missed by many!

19. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Mine hands down would be my 6 year old granddaughter catching a 10+ lb. blue on her barbie doll pole.
    Winning a boat in a bass pro tournament was pretty good to.

20. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Hope you have a speedy recovery John! And congrats on the great year.