what was this fish thinking

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bigfish, Jun 3, 2006.

1. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    i dont know what this little flathead was going to do if it woulda got away with this bait. ducain and i went out for a little while tonight trying a different spot. caught one fish thought it shoulda been a monster with the bait i was using.

Attached Files:

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    You gotta love how aggresive the flatheads are its no wander they get so big.

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    They gotta get big somehow... maybe he was gonna bring it to his 90lb buddy... kinda like that old cartoon with the bulldog and the little rat dog!

Aaron

TA2D

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    He was thinking: Hey food...... I think it will fit....... Yep if fit..........Ouch....... Oh no bad career move........... and what was that big light that just hit me....... Oh crap, what is that big thing they just put through my lip, LOL!!!

5. AllenM

AllenM Guest

It's amazing what a catfish will tackle! As long at it'll fit in their mouth head first they don't seem to care how long it is! It's something else to see a little channel cat in an aquarium with a fish almost as long as he is sticking out of his mouth! Sure goes to show you what size bait you can get away with, huh?! LOL!

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I saw a pic a year or so ago of a large (45 lb I think) flathead trying to eat a 15 lb blue cat. Anyone else see that? If so, and you have that pic please repost it. It was too cool!

Eric

7. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I heard just as a rule of thumb that a flaty can take a bait up to 1/3 of is own body weight. Just think of some of the fish that a 90 pounder could eat. Might be a good remedy for the big head carp.