what was that big boom at mark twain lake this last sat.

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by jimmykemper, Jul 28, 2009.

1. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    there was a big boom out on the mark twain lake this last saturday. i swear it was dynomight.it shook the water. and scared the livin crap out of me.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Wow if anyone has information on this please let us all know. I'll be keeping an eye out on this subject. People have been known to toss dynamite into waters but this maybe could be something different.

3. beshears

beshears Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Military does a lot of low level passes on Mark Twain on the weekends.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The F-15's make a boo boo once in awhile around here too. Especially when they are dogfighting. I guess they get a little excited:smile2:

5. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fishing that small a lake with an F-15. Talk about overkill.........:eek:oooh:

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    :smile2:

7. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    ou could tell , that the boom started in the water , then it boomed again out of the water. it was crazy. it shook the ground.

8. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    I bet it was a couple of fighter jets. I've seen them there several times. I saw a big C17 in June doing a low flyover. They must use the lake for practice? When those jets are low and going fast it will scare the crap out of you.

9. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    You got that right and MTL isn't the only one they use. I grew up in the Ozarks, one time when fishing the spillway below Clearwater lake. Three B-52s made a low level run on the Dam. I can tell you for certain it did scare the crap out of me....:crazy:

10. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    The new B-1B bombers break the sound barrier quite often without being seen several of thousands of feet above sealevel. F-15s even at full afterburner cannot do this. I've seen both up close and personal knowing a few folks in the airforce and when the sound barrier is broken you hear the sonic boom as they call it. It is exactly as you describe it, dynamic and loud as hell. Nothing to worry about unless something is falling from the sky.:smile2: