what u think best lake in arizona to fish in?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by melstangman1967, Mar 27, 2008.

1. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    was wondering what everybody thought the best lake to catch fish and had the best luck in in arizona is?

2. HAWG SEEKER

HAWG SEEKER New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I THINK I WOULD BE ROOSEVELT LAKE. I'VE HAD SOME GOOD LUCK. WHT PLACE DO YOU THINK IS A GOOD LAKE IN AZ. BUD

3. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Any lake in AZ is good!!

4. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Roosevelt, Apache, Bartlett in that order.

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    if it's got water, then very good chance of fish.
    gary

6. Emilio

Emilio New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I like Roosevelt, Bartlett and then back to any of the saltriver lakes. I never fished San Carlos or Martinez lake but I here they're exellent for flats.

7. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Roosevelt is tops but we are trying to learn San Carlos so we will see. I haven't fished any of the others so I can't give an opinion on them.

8. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    It all really depends on what your fishing for. But since this is th BOC I'll have to say Roosevelt. I'm sure you'll get all kinds of different answers but i think it's mostly personal preference. The all have there pros and cons

9. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Alamo Lake for good #'s of nice size channels.

10. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    I'd say rosey,alamo and san carlos are my best lakes! I know the river guys will have some good places as well!!

11. Budmeister

Budmeister New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'd say that Roosevelt is the best for size....there's big ones in there...its just that i can't seem to catch'em...but thats why its called Fishin:tounge_out:

12. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    I think it's the places we know best are the ones we love for me Bartlett. I've tried Roose and it was fun as we caught a 20 in the river but with the water rise it's not quite as friendly for my style of fishing, but Roose has the biggest fish. Bartlett I fish with a boat to get to a favorite shore and set the chairs up have a cold one catch bait all day for the night bite.
    Absolute heaven!!!
    td

13. galactic

galactic New Member

State:
    arizona
    I would have to say rosie, for the location and size. san carlos is also good for cats,and espically for crappie, apache seems like a good lake but i never have luck there!! if you live in tucson patty is the way to go its close and theres flats and channels, bass, etc..

14. usmarine

usmarine New Member

State:
    az
    where is the best place to fish at rosey without a boat?

15. azraiderfan

azraiderfan New Member

State:
    azizona
    roosevelt,roosevelt ,roosevelt in that order.

16. lonniesmiddy

lonniesmiddy New Member

State:
    arizona
    me and a couple friends went to roosevelt this last weekend, but everywhere we went there were logs and debris along the shore and all the boat ramps were loaded down so we left there and went to catfish point, i think they are going to have to rename that spot carp point. a couple of our friends went to bartlett and they caught loads of catfish in the 10 to 20 pound range.