What type of sinkers does everyone use?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by sds888, Jan 5, 2007.

1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I was just wondering. I am thinking about ordering some in bulk and started to look at all the kinds and well there are alot and alot of differnt sizes. I have always used whatever walmart has the cheapest of. So I was wondering what is your favorite sinker and what size?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like a couple of types and depending on where I am fishing dictates what weight. I like snagless, for rocky area, trolling/flexible for trees and rocks and no roll for river. I also keep a good supply of good old egg sinkers for everything. Splitshot will always be a must have, for me. Now I know that is about all types but, that is what I use. I can add bunker, surf and cannonball weights to the list as well but, those I use for saltwater.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A carolina rig is a popular rig for cattin. For this I recomend a no-roll sinker.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I use 1 1/2 oz. no roll sinkers on the Mississippi River, here in southeast Iowa,when I'm still fishing. I have my own mold,and make sinkers for myself and my friends. Do you fish rivers,lakes, or both? I'm going to try some drift fishing this summer in the Mississippi. A friend of mine,whom I met here on the BOC, came down last fall,and took me out to show me how to drift fish,and I loved it. Really looking forward to the fishing season this year,so I can really give this drift fishing hell!

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Egg sinkers from 1/2 to 3 oz on lakes and slow current rivers, disk sinkers on the one river I fish with some current. Don't fish there often enough to invest in no rolls and the disk sinkers do the job.

6. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    Since I bank fish in ponds and reservoirs, I use a carolina rig with 1/4 to 1/2 oz. egg or cone sinkers. I've been using to steel sinkers to minimize exposure to lead.

-- Rich

7. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    went out a few months back and forgot my tackel box and needed to rig a poll up was lucky to have some hooks and some sinker sliders in my truck but no sinkers but found I had a can full 3/4" nuts in my truck from work also had some baleing wire, so i made a loop out of the wire with an eye and then snap the nut and wire to the slider and now had a sliding sinker. this works just as good and maybe better as any lead sinker and the thing about the steel nut after you lose it will rust away and is non toxtic, the whole thing may cost 30 cents. A 3/4" nut is about 2 oz and holds nice to the bottom of the river, been useing this the last few times out and have had no problems

8. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    If any one knows where to get sinkers and hooks online PM me and let me know where. I need some 7/0 and up kahle hooks, and no roll sinkers.

9. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    1/2 to 3 oz Egg sinkers

10. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)

Catfish Connection, Bass Pro Shop, Cabela's. Catfish Connection has the no roll sinkers and is the best place for big hooks.

11. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    no rolls are the one that i use now

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    whatever it takes to get er done.

13. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    lake fishing for blues, carolina rig ... drifting I use 3/4 egg sinkers, anchored or tied off I use 2 oz. no rolls.

14. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Use No Roll For Rivers And Egg Sinkers For Still Water.

15. coldgold

coldgold New Member

State:
    missouri
    Used sparkplugs here,, very cheep(free) and easy to find

16. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Mostly bank sinkers, make my own 1/8 oz. to 8 oz.

17. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    No rolls, egg, and ban sinkers, just depends where and the curent.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use no roll and egg sinkers most of the time and riversinkers when necessary. I would suggest you obtain a Do-It mold catalog and start your own set up for molding sinkers. In the long run it will be cheaper. When I first started I purchased the most needed mold for my area of fishing, (Egg Mold) Each year thereafter I would purchase another type. ( no roll) I now have several and can cover most situtations. I hope this will help.

19. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i mainly fish in little to no current, and my weight of choice is 1/2 to 1 ounce egg sinkers for carolina rigs, and 1-3 ounce pyramid for drop rigs.

20. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    No-Roll 1-3oz
    Flat Bank 3-5oz
    River 8&10oz to hold it in the big-uns face down deep.
    Also I drill the River mold to accept core pins,so I can use it as a slip sinker,or a sinker clipped onto a swivel.