What type of Reels do you use

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by DELLIS, Feb 5, 2006.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    what types of reels does everyone use i am looking for a new one but cant find any with a loud clicker and bait runner

2. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    I use an abu 6500c3 and an abu 6501c4. clickers are loud enough to wake ya up from a sleep but I haven't heard many others so I really have nothing to compare to. Others here have way more knowledge so I am sure they will chime in soon.

3. sticker

sticker New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I've handled alot of the bigger baitcast reels with the clicker feature and never really understood what they are used for but noise makin. Maybe someone will enlighten me on the practicality of the feature. Thanks, Sticker

4. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Abu 6500 or 7000 have nice loud clickers. I also have a Penn international 975, but the clicker is weak and not very loud. It's better used by turning the drag down instead of using freespool. I have also been playing with a Shimano TLD15 LD, a nice reel with a great clicker and an awesome drag. I want more of these. These reels are being used out of a boat, where casting is more of a lob than anything else. The TLD15 wouldn't be a good choice if you were casting for distance from the bank.

/Scott

5. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    you can monkey with the clicker spring in the abus to make them louder..... penn #9 and 209 are good bank casting reels that have loud clickers.

sticker the clicker (hehe) is used to let the angler not have to stare at the rod tips until going cross eyed. when a cat runs with the bait the clicker sounds off and its time to set da hook.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I have 4 abu 7000's a 6500 and two shimano 6500 bait-runners all can be heard 30 feet away. But I rarely fish on the bank, they will wake me in a hurry if i'm sleepin in the boat.

7. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    2 Abu 6000, 1 Abu 6500c4, and 2 Abu 7000c3, all baitcasters.

8. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I have 2 Penn 9m's and they have very loud clickers, I also own a Diawa Sealine baitcaster ..very smooth and a nice clcicker on it aswell

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have 2 catmaxx baitcasting reels that I love. Some people complain about the clicker not being loud enough, but I love then no matter what. They are plenty loud enoug for me. I also have a bait runner type spinning reel, but it does not really have a clicker on it.

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Im still a newbie but use 2 Abu 6500's ( Tourney Series), so far no problems but then again Ive only been tangling with 10 lb fish, I think the clickers are plenty loud enough for me but I also dont walk away from the rods like others like to do.

Salmonid

11. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I use a shimano 45oo baitrunner and the clicker is plenty loud enough.will be getting a abu 7000 soon and i hear those are loud enough as well.i have a penn live liner spinning reel but i havent gotten it to sing yet hopefully soon

12. RMXmitch

RMXmitch New Member

State:
    x
    I use abu 6500C3 and Penn 209 like them both and can hear the clicker well

13. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I use a Abu 6500, 6000, S.I.X, 2-6500 Trophy Collections, 6500C4-LE(Violet), 2-Penn 9M's and they all have nice sounding clickers and will wake you up so you can reel in the big one!

14. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Penn Live Liner bait runner, Penn reel not sure what series its a monster spinning reel, shimano 4500, abu garcia 6000, Penn Pier 209

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ambassadors 6500, 6000, and 5600's, and a bantam 50 from shimano which i think has the loudest clicker of them all. my spinning reels are pinnacles and pfluegers.

16. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I use ambassaduer reels. I have a 6000, 6000b, 6500cl3, 6500tccf, 7000b.
    I love all of them.

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use ABU'S AND Penns, but I dont use the clickers since changing to circle hooks.

18. bestcatterindaNATI25

bestcatterindaNATI25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I use the Catt MAxx reel thats produced by Bass Pro and the Abu Garcia C4 6500.They both seem to work great.

19. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Flathunter, You can still use your clickers with circles. All you need to do is set your drag low enough not to break if a big fish hits but high enough to let some line slip. With the clicker on you will know the moment a fish hits. Especially great if you like to read while fishing.

20. BigKatWilly

BigKatWilly New Member

State:
    Mansfield Ohio
    Can't go wrong with Abu 6500 or 7000. Just don't let the NetmanJack cast 'em! lol