What type of line do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by zivetor, Jan 30, 2007.

1. zivetor

zivetor New Member

State:
    Charleston, S.C.
    I have heard so many different things about fishing line. I would just like to know what types you like and why? Has it improved your catch ratio?

I use 30# test line, it is a dull green color. No preference, it just fits my budget.. But Please educate me on this, because I really don't know any better. .. Thanks in advance. ..

Zivetor

2. gowens

gowens New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use 40 lb Trilene Big Game (green or clear) and 50 lb Cajun for leaders.

3. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I use #30 and #40 berkley big game solar green and #35 cortland musky lines.

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    20 and 30 lb Big Game, any color. Even on my big reels, I prefer no more than 30 lb, it casts better. On my spinners, 10 (don't like big game 10 lb), 15 and 20 big game, depending on the size and capacity of the spool. As much of the water I fish is fairly open, I'd rather have line to allow a good size fish to run, and to be able to cast a distance if needed, than for horsing in fish out of heavy structure.

5. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i have two big rods i use 80# braid that i use mostly on the boat. i have two with 20# fireline for casting from the bank. and finally i have a ultra light with10# trilene blue and a zebco 33 rhino combo with 10# test for bobber fishin. my favorites being the two smaller ones with a good size channel cat cause they fight so hard.

6. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I LIKE BERKLEY BIG GAME.

7. Winkstr

Winkstr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have used Bass Pro Shops Excel Mono line for the last 3 years now, change line about two to three times a year. Use 17lb & 20 lb test. I like the clear blue fluorescent lights up like rope under a black light at night.
    The catalog states that if you by two or more jumbo spools (any size) get each for $7.99. 12-17lb test 1200 yrds $9.99 20-30lb test 900 yrds $10.99. If purchased at the store tell them about the catalog price and they will honor it!

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    BPS offshore angler 20pound test. It is cheap easy to see. I like to change the section from the tip of my rod to about two revs on my reel every fishing trip. The higher pound test in this line is kind of stiff and does not tie as well but the 20 does an excellent job.

9. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    50lb braided spider wire stealth with 50lb Berkley big game mono leader.

10. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use 50# power pro with 40# cajun red mono leader. I use power pro because I only bank fish and the diameter is small for longer casts.

11. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    65lb Power Pro. Should last you 2 seasons no problem, thats if you dont lose a bunch to snags.:wink:

12. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    berkly big game or stren 20-30lbs. i like the solar green with 17lb excel leader

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I mostly like using 20 lb stren test line.

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Premium salt water ande from small diamater up to 50 lb. test. Its strong, abrasion resistant, has low memory and ties strong knots. Weather I'm tournament fishing or recreational fishing it's a line I can count on to get the job done.

15. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I use 65# powerpro with 60# berkly big game leaders.

16. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i use 30 pound iron silk and thats all i use now but last year i used 20 pound cajun and liked it have used big game in the past and did not like very much

17. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    40#suffix eleit,yellow,excelent knot strength and abrasion resistance,but best of all almost no line memory it lay nice and flat no little coils.

18. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use Power Pro for my spinning reels and Andes mono for my baitcasters.

All of my fishing is from the bank. If it wasn't for that I would probably have mono on my spinning reels too.

I can cast farther with Power Pro and I get less line resistance to current.
    Another reason I like it is the lack of memory and lack of stretch. I'm not a big guy, so reducing the amount of oomph I have to put in to set the hook is a good thing.

19. Deepfried

Deepfried New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro,,Tenneessee
    Spiderwire Stealth 65lb and Trilene Biggame in 35-40lb

20. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    when bass fishing use 8 pound cajen and for cats i use 15 pound big game.