Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
well i do love a ferrari but i am for a truck lover.. been around them all my life and i would choose a mack truck anyday lol thanks for the welcome to the boc everybody here seems real nice and chalk full of info
I've seen a few guys on here from Indiana. You could get in your state section and find out who has what kind of reels. Maybe they would let you try them out to find which one you are comfortable with. IMO,thats the best way to find what fits you.

I've developed quite a fondness for the Abu Garcia 7000 series reels,,,,
. maybe it's the extra line capacity, or the longer handles, ,,, or ,, maybe the LOUD clickers..., the Drags are real good... ,,,,.////:wink:

I use both Penn and ABU reels, the ABU's are easier to cast but a properly setup penn will cast very well. It all depends on how good you are at controlling the spool with your thumb. The Penns have no cast control, the knob on the side is a bearing cap, when adjusted properly you should feel a very small amount of side to side play in the spool. They run free and it's all up to your thumb to keep the spool under control. Do not put your thumb on the line to try and slow the spool, unless you like the smell of burning flesh, instead use the side of your thumb against the edge of the spool. I haven't used the 209 or 309 models but I know the #9, 200 surfmaster, 285, and 310gti all will reach out there, if I do my part right.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.