What type of Camera are you using to take the pictures of your catch???

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by LadyValea1, Sep 16, 2006.

1. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    My hubby doesn't like me to take the nice digital Camera when I go fishing... Of Course! that is when I catch a nice fishy.... I mean, where do you store your camera? is it in you pocket? tackle box? How do you keep it from damage?

Most of the time, my hands are all gross, bloody, scales, gunk....I can't even imagine touching this expensive compact digital camera...

So what do you think??:eek:oooh:

2. catfishslayer

catfishslayer New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I usally bring a old towel or some type of rag with me to get the slime off of my hands and i just usally buy one of those throw away cameras and keep it in the top of my tackel box so i always know were it is.The only down fall is you have to finish the film on it before you can see you pics unlike a digital......Just make sure you dont leave the camera in you tackel box when you are done fishing for the day if it is store were it can get very hot....Good Fishing!

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I throw mine in my tackle box and when I need it,I just wipe my hands off and grab it.If my g/f goes,she takes the pics.

4. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I fish enought hat film got too expensive... and Im not patient enough to wait till its full to see how they came out... now granted I fish from a boat but when i bank fish I have a backpack and a tackle box. In the back pack are snacks, a few clean rags, grippers, etc. In the front pocket of that backpack is where i keep my digital camera. Even my tackle box is too nasty to put a nice digi in lol

5. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I've got 3 digital cameras. 2 olympus (710 & D540) and 1 (?). not afraid to take any of them fishing with us, they will wipe off. Carry 1 of them in my pocket at all times. My wife usualy has one also. Just got back from meeting an outdoor writer out at the lakes and took a bunch of pics for newsletter and web site.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have an Olympus digital camera. I keep it in my tackle box in a ziplock bag. When I catch a fish worth taking a pic of I keep an old towel that wet as soon as get to the water to wipe my hands off on.

7. bigtimeblues

bigtimeblues New Member

State:
    missouri, macon
    I have a Fuji I keep in my tackle box. But I do keep it in a bubble wrap bag that came with some electronic equipment. It keeps it secure from bumps and jarring. And I always have a couple of "crying towels" with me to clean up with.... or to cry into if the big one gets away. I also keep a 9 inch tripod with the camera. Makes taking pics yourself much easier.

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm old school I still use a T90 and I have 2 T70's

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I Use My Camera Phone Since I've Alway Have It With Me, I Tend To Get Forgetful At Times.lmao

10. serb

serb New Member

State:
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I use a Canon Powershot S50... it is my main camera and why have one if you are afraid of using it? I really do not take it out in the rain, if I do I have a way to protect it with a dry bag. Just be careful where you put it down, always put it back in its case and carry a little mini tripod for those solo trips - even though solo shots are a pain in the butt most times.

11. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Both Olympus and Pentax make some good water "proof" digitals. The Pentax Optio is the one I've heard the most about. For a regular digital, they make some dry bags that are optically clear for taking photos through. Kayakers use them. Since you are in Texas, look in the section at Academy where the kaykaks and canoes are, assuming your closest Academy sells kayaks and kayak accessories. They all do in the Houston, San Antonio, and Austin areas, haven't looked elsewhere. The dry bags are small, usually are close to other small accessories in that section, and clearly state that they are good for use with cameras. The cost is about $9. If you buy one, then go a couple of aisles over and get a red or yellow plastic float for less than a buck, attach it to the bag, and if you drop it in the water, it'll float.

12. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I have a shirt pocket sized Konica C35 that went to war with me and has been on thousands of fishing and hunting trips and maybe is old school but
    it is easy to use and I am used to it. An Old Friend indeed.
    Bill

13. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I have a Kodak Z700 that i take along with me and likothers I just keep in a baggie until hands are dried then take the pic and right back in the baggie

14. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    I have a Kodak that i spent around $250 for and take it with me just about everywhere i go. I keep it in a gallon size ziploc bag with a spare set of rechargeable batteries. I always have with a roll of paper towels or regular towels and use them whevever i catch or see something worthy of a pic.

cyas
    rc

15. flattyfisher

flattyfisher New Member

i carry my digi every time i go..i use a pontoon and store it in a drawer in there..but also storing in tackle boxes are good too!

16. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I usually keep my digital camera in my pocket in its case.

17. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    at first i started using disposable kodak cameras but the heat would get to the film. so i got a cheap kodak digital one... i just wipe my hands off and take the pics.. but i carry it in a little compartment on my cooler

18. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I use a canon digital rebel xt and it stays in the camera bag. when I need to use it I just wipe off my hands as good as I can and it works fine.

19. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I went to wal-mart and bought a vivitar 5100 or something like that. It takes good pictures and it didn't cost all that much. Most of the time I leave it in the truck or it came with this handy pouch that goes on your belt. For what it worth it does it's job.