What Type Of Boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kawriverrat, Dec 30, 2009.

What Kind of Craft do You use to Fish From

1. Aluminum Jon Boat

2. Aluminum V Hulled Boat

3. Kayak or Canoe

4. Dont Need No Stinking Boat I Fish from the Bank

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kawriverrat

kawriverrat Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Just curious as to the type craft you all in my home state {Ks.} are using to fish from.
    If it has a motor tell us about it. Also things you would change Canoe ,boat etc.
    {EDIT} Sorry guys I left out bass or fiberglass riggs​

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. afishpatrol

afishpatrol New Member

State:
    indiana
    Im not from Ks so i wont go into answers but I will ask you a question....what the hell are you doing in your avatar pic...lol...andy

3. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I've mainly fished out of kayaks and canoes, but this winter I got a square back canoe and a little 5 hp motor, so I'm set now. I have to try to figure how to set up some rod holders that are easy to get to but not so close that they will get all tangled up.

You might try post this question on the kansas local talk section. Some guys might miss it since its outside of the main threads. And add something about kansas in the title or the mods will move it.:sad2: Cool avatar pic btw.

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I been fishing out of Bass tracker 175 txw. some times I barrow a toon. I also have a canoe and a small 14' V bottom.
    Hey nice rope work. How long you been a climber?​

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    My guess would be a tree trimmer:crazy::crazy:guys.

My height restrictions are a 6' step ladder:big_smile::big_smile:

6. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    It doesn't fit 100% of all situations, but I prefer a pontoon for the majority of my fish'n. I'd still like to have an aluminum bass style boat for fish'n heavy cover.

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Heres my 17ft lowe commander MV.It has 21 custom made rod holders 1 lowrance x96 up front(thanks charlie) 1 eagle fish mark 320 and 1 eagle fish elite 640c on the column. So far this rig has done me well on big water(avatar pic from fall gathering at Milford) and super shallow jonts. Casey(rush60) was with me. It was cold, but fun.:wink:

Ray big buddy I'm still lookin for ya. We will find the one yet.:wink:

Attached Files:

8. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    John and I run 2 boats, both 12' with about 10 H.P.

Attached Files:

• 12'.jpg
      12'.jpg
      File size:
      39.4 KB
      Views:
  9. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I run 3 boats (Only cause 2 were given to me). I have a 16' "OzarK" fiberglass v-bottom. A 14' aluminum V-bottom. And a 14' aluminum jon boat for those all too shallow places. I use the fiberglass one the most, just because it is more roomy. I am modifying the 14' aluminum V for catfishin only. It will soon be my GO-TO boat! :smile2:

10. kawriverrat

kawriverrat Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Removing a Cottonwood. Had to swing out to start working down the other side of it. It's what I do when Im not fishing.

11. kawriverrat

kawriverrat Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Hello Andy from Indiana.
    I was taking down a Cottonwood. I had to swing out to start on the other side. This is how I make my coin so I can fish & pay bills with whats left.
    My camera is down & I dont have any other pics of myself that I can upload for my avatar.

Jeff "Kawriverrat"

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  12. kawriverrat

kawriverrat Member

State:
    KANSAS
    20 some yrs.

Really cool to see & hear about the boats you all fish from! I had 2 boats I sold not long ago I am to build another this spring. It will be 17'-20' with a 66" bottom. The length is going to depend on what ever motor I can come up with & the price of aluminum.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  13. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I like a flat bottom for the rivers I fish. They get really shallow in places and the flatbottom works great, even with my hefty a$$ in there.:smile2: For lakes and big rivers you cant go wrong with a deep V.

14. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    aint got a boat yet, but that will all change one day, gonna get a pontoon

15. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I'm not from your state..... but plan to come "fishing through" some day...
    Need some 2 1/2 feet of water for my "NorthRiver" Seahawk...

Here we are on "Squaw Lake" on the Colorado River at Yuma AZ......
    "Moon coming up" in the background..

Tight lines

16. kawriverrat

kawriverrat Member

State:
    KANSAS
    NorthRiver made a very nice boat. Some really nice folks working for them. I was sorry to hear they had to close up shop.

17. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Ray..Bring that bad boy on down here to Kansas. We have some rivers that it would fill at home at..

18. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I fish out of a 19' deep-V - 120hp....I fish lake's mainly and it will take any weather around here.

I have about 12 driff masters and Cabela quit draws on it.Has a top and two live wells.Also has walk through windshields making it nice in the colder months.

But would also like to get a flat bottom this yr to plow the rivers and small waters.

19. Here-Fishy-Fishy

Here-Fishy-Fishy New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I'm from Maryland and an partcial now to deep V, have 2007 Carolina Skiff - Sea Chaser - have got to float her in 2 1/2 to 3 foot of water, but I can suffer with that. Was interesting seeing some of the other rigs, good post.

some pick of mine in album
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2217

20. peacefrog

peacefrog New Member

State:
    Manhattan Kansas
    We just scored a heck of a good deal on a little 20 foot upper end (Never seen one its like a upper end flat bottom boat) with a 25 HP on in with all the bell. This ol boy up in topeka had er fixed up an sitting in the garage an need the room so we pic her up for 500 (Would not sell for less than 2500) we got lucky, first year on a boat an the river so we are learning alot from are mistakes.