What type of boat for big rivers?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Mr Twister, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    I'm wondering about what boat you like to fish out of when you are on the bigger rivers (All/Mon/OH)...

2. Catmeister

Catmeister New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have always fished out of all weld jon boats. But mostly fish lakes

3. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    On big rivers, the biggest boat I can find to get in or on.

4. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    Bigger The Better

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I fish out of a 24" pontoon boat. Plenty of room for equipment and supplies, potty onboard for the ladies, full enclosure for inclement weather. You can walk around to stretch your legs as opposed to being stuck in the sitting position on a johnboat. I like to night fish for Flatheads so a pontoon is ideal. If I get tired I can lay down and sleep.

6. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i personally like center consoles, lots of space to fish and move around on if you hook a nice fish not to mention all or the space to put your stuff.

i personally like setting my rods out and then laying down in the front where i can see my rods but it is very comfortable.

7. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Personally, when I fish for flatheads I fish creek mouths from shore and find that it is easier to land a fish that way as opposed to fishing from a boat. For channels me and a friend of mine fish a 19' deep v. Its easy to move around in and its not hard to land a fish.