What To Say

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Oct 28, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :sad2: My neighbors dog was killed this morning and they are both tore up pretty bad. Don't really know what to say to them.What happened was him and his brother-in-law was getting ready to come down to the shed and work on his 4 wheeler,he walked in front of the truck and his brother-in-law didn't see him and ran over him. The only good thing is they said he didn't suffer. That dog was like a kid to my neighbor ,where ever you saw him you'd see Charlie(the dog)He was about 5-6 years old when they got him and about14-15 when he left us all.He was a good dog.gettin old ,couldn't hear(except when they would open refeg door, couldn't hardly walk.Really the shape the poor thing was getting in he is probably better off,but sure not gonna tell them that.I lost mine about 9 yrs ago so I know how they feel,but still don't know what to say to them.Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Lost my dog COPPER about a month ago... I can definately relate.... Not much you can say... Just takes time and I'm sure they appreciate a good friend and neighbor like yourself....

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    John wish I had folks like you living all around me.
    :sad2:

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    im the same way about people dieing , it happens to all of us someday we will die its part of life , i dont want people mornin over me that just seems like a waiste of time .

animals die as well its part of life for them too , granted some are our friends and im sure we will miss them but it doesnt stop the world from turning .

the only thing you can say is im sorry for your loss

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    John I speak from expeirence when I say this,there is nothing anyone can say.For me personally when Thaddeus had to go,it was horrible! but my husband and daughters gathered around me and the girls and I cried.Me more than them.If you're talkin too them and the tears well up just pat their back and let them grieve.I'm not ashambed to admit that I still grieve but I am gettin better.If you do choose to say anything you can tell them you talk with someone on line that knows the pain.It will hopefully pass after awhile but I will always miss him!:sad2:

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I feel for all of you! What a shame for that to happen. I know what ya mean about a dog being part of the family.
    Bill

7. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    We got a puppy about 4 months ago and he was perfect, he was trained very fast and did tricks and I was affected more by his passing then the kids, I think Ill always miss cooper

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I am sorry for your loss. About a year ago, my parents had to have our dog, Sam, put down. He was 17 1/2 years old, deaf, almost blind, and had tumors all over his body. We got him when I was 12, so Sam and I grew up together through Junior High, High School, College, and adulthood. He was a part of our family and we mounrned, but life has to go on.

9. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Thats a sad event. We lost our dog just before 4th of July, he too got ran over. Though he wasnt messed up bad, we still didnt allow the grlz to see him. You can grow very fond of pets, I wish your neighbor well. At least he'll have good memories of Charlie to last him thru out his life, thats a good thing.

10. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man, I hate loosing a good dog. Lost a few over the years. The last one was "Spike". He was a good little rat terrier. Drove me nuts all of the time but still miss him.

Sorry to hear about it.

MAJ D