what to match my new 7000ic3 fishing reel on

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by ia flathead, Feb 17, 2009.

1. ia flathead

ia flathead New Member

State:
    iowa
    just bought a new 7000ic3 and now i need a new rod i was planning on waiting for the e-cat to come out just dont know if i wana wait that long any
    suggestions

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I use 7000C3's (and one 7000C3i) for all my river fishing, mated with Catfish Safari "River" rods.

Caught the 65lb blue in my avatar on that combination, never had any doubts about the rod or reel while fighting that fish.

3. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Wait for the E cat 4. You wont be disapointed. That is what I have on my 7000C3. I loaded it up with 80/20 power pro. Great combo.

4. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Or you can check out the Team Catfish rods, Im thinking about getting one my self.

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    definatly a catfish Safari river rod...everything else is second rate (or worse)

6. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    or maybe a Catfish Safari Flathead rod

7. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    check out the abu garcia workhorse rods at ffo-tackle.com.

8. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have several 7000's and I pair mine up with Tiger Stiks. Hope this might help you out. Good luck

9. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I've used Catfish Safari rods since 2005. Great rods!!!!:wink:

10. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    What the heck. I have my 7000c3i on a catfish safari river rod. Might as well go with the popular vote.

11. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Looks like you better check out that Catfish Safari rod

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    catfish safari lake rod :wink:

13. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    ugly stik tiger in the med/hvy

14. Cuda

Cuda Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    What test line are you going to use? How long of a rod do you want? What are you targeting for fish chanels or flatheads? Bank or boat each one can use a different type of rod setup. Are you going to load the reel with heavy braid or light line? You do not want to light or to heavy of a rod. You would not use a 22lr for bear or a 50 cal for a rabbit. You need what suits the way you are going to use it.

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a nice combo, congrats

16. ia flathead

ia flathead New Member

State:
    iowa
    im going to use the set up for flatheads only and as far as line i dont know and its going to be boat fishing on the mississippi

17. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have the same reel, didn't have alot of extra $ right now for a higher end rod, will upgrade at some point. But I put mine on a BPS catmaxx rod, 7" heavy action. Feels really good together, you could pull in any flathead that swims with it.... :wink:

18. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I know I am going to put mine on a few Catfish Safari rods.

19. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I've got a 7000i and a 7000cs rocket..

I have my 7000i mated to a custom 1 piece 13' lamiglas rod and the 7000cs on a custom 1 piece 11'6 lamiglas rod..

I only fish from the bank as I dont have a boat or know anyone with one and do alot of striper fishing and catfishing and even snagged spoonbill this year with them...

If you've got a lil extra cash my suggestion would be to go with a custom rod.. that way you can pick exactly what length, color ,wrapping, eyes, seat and what kind of rod you want.. (e.g graphite, lamiglas, e-glas etc.)

I love these rods and reels.. but the only downside is portability.. 1 piece rods without a pickup can be a hassle..:smile2:

20. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like the catmaxx rods pretty well also the american spirit nite sticks.And i like 8 foot rods i really dont care for the longer ones.Ive got a 10 footer im trying to get rid of cause i just dont like them that long but thats just personel preference there,Im sure you will get all kinds of suggestions on this one:wink: