what to look for in a new compition bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I know this is the hunting section but i didn't see a section dedicated to just bow shooting. i have shot bows for years, and i have always had ether Hoyt or Mathews. At this point i am just a Mathew's man. the term speed kills is so true. Mathews is the fastest on the market so thats where im at with that. however at this point i have the free time and the money to get into a new realm of bow shooting, competition. i have no clue where to start with choosing a new bow solely for shooting competitively. i know that there are different rules/regs, advantages/disadvantages to every bow and competition you are using it in. i think i may start out with spot shooting, but a lot of my friends and guys in my area are big into the IBO so i dont really know what to do. Any help you all can give i appreciate.

how do i choose the bow, sights, stabilizer, ect. for me???

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i cant believe how bad the public school system has let me down, i can't spell to save my ass. i spelled the title to this thread wrong. good thing i can fish better then i can spell.