what to do

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by thecatman, Oct 13, 2008.

1. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    ok guys i have 2 small trotlines set in a local river and i went further down river today to see if there was a good reason i wasnt catching any fish no matter what bait i was using and i found a dead hog in the water upriver about 500yrds away could this be why i am not catching any channels blues or flats? seems like i am just getting turtles lately

2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Brandon I think we need to go and set some down in the deep holes.Then we can start catching some fish.

3. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    That would make sense to me. recordbreakin1 has a great suggestion for ya. Catch a bunch and make sure ya let us know how it goes! Good Luck

4. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    yeah deep holes sound good the spots where these 2 trotlines are set are in some brush and a dropoff was thinking maybe with that hog being upriver the fish may be gorging on all the baitfish below him

5. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    The head of holes or just in front of the holes or rifts at night. I also think a limb line might work better in a river. If a good limb ain't avalable use a 2" piece of inner tube like a rubber band buffer. Also might try using soap for bait, I'd heard that zoot soap or ivory works well.

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    move one or both of your trotlines close to the dead hog. If it is attracting the bait fish then other fish will follow and this would be a good place to catch them especially if there is some deeper water close by. But I would set the lines just up river from the hog.:eek:oooh::wink: