what to do??

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by crazyKat, Apr 8, 2009.

1. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i just took my boat out for the first time since winter. well i get in the boat and it fires right up. its a bass boat with a 150hp evinrude. well when im in the water and start the motor. it leaks from a hose under the dash. i guess its the line that goes to the water pressure gauge?? it only leaks when the engine is running. and not a big leak so i figure i will just fish and anchor so it wouldnt be that bad. well i tied off to the dock and figured well i better turn my pump on make sure no water in the boat. well the engine is off. i turn the pump on and water comes out for about 60 seconds. so i thought maybe its from the rain a few days ago and some rain was still in the boat. well the pump removes the water and i shut the pump off. i wait 15 minutes turn it on and more water comes out takes maybe 20 seconds to stop pumpin water. where would i find this leak and what could it be? it did set out over winter. whats my first step to find this leak

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The leak underneath your dash is infact the water pressure gauge hose, probably leaking from the connection or somwhere in the line, its possible that there was water in there over the winter and it froze in the line causing a crack or something.

Could be the same thing with the unknown leak. Are you sure all of the water was out of the hull, and all the lines for the livewell, etc...before you stored it for the winter? If not something could have frozen, expanded, and cracked and that may be where you are getting your new leak. Hope you can find it, sounds like it a pretty good leak. But then again it took me forever to find a screw hole size leak on my aluminum boat and I literally had to run the bilge every few minutes.Doesn't take a big leak to take on alot of water in a hurry. Good luck.​

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Check all your livewell lines if you are running one, check your bilge line also. Any lines that bring water into or out of the boat would be the first place I would look..

4. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    was ur plug in securely ??????:cool2:

5. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    many boats have flotation materal that can hold water like a sponge if submerged for a long time , that may be the where the extra water came from