What to carry besides tackle?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by beakus, Jun 4, 2007.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    OK i've finally got the boat out and geting ready to go out what all goodies do i need you guys carry in the boat that i'm not thinking about.stuff like extra plugs,tools,flash light,rope,TP,you know the little things you wish you had but didnt think about until you needed it.

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Rain coat, coffee can or small bucket, anchor, knife, lighter.

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Hand sanitizer,sunblock,bug spray

4. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    You might also add a personal flotation device (PFD). However, you should be wearing it when you're on the water.

-- Rich

5. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    first aid kit extra hat & sunglasses

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Hand sanitizer! LOL! Nothin wrong with some cut bait with yo samich! LOL! All good tips in these posts. I would add a spare fuel line assembly along with some clamps, fuses and the usual electrical connectors used on your boat.

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    A set of oars, might be a good idea!!

8. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    yeah i like a lil worm go with my bologna too lol :)

spare plugs( for boat and motor). and fuel line , and tp, and extra pliers in case u drop them in, and always have cable ties they come in handy alot of timess

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Personally I never go out without CHUM.Sometimes I even take two!!!!I have found it best not to mix colors of chum though.Brunettes with Brunettes,Blonds with Blonds.I actually took two blond chums once and am here to tell about.Yes I know Jesus loves me and has a special place in Heaven for me.DO NOT mix Red Headed chum with any other color.The bleed over will be fatal!!!:big_smile::lol:Not to mention making the deck slippery.If you take Chum you must also take TP.Put it in a waterproof container like a zip lock bag.I used to have a collapsable folding toilet seat that used plastic bags but one day it collapsed with a Chum on board which also made the decks slippery, ,so I switched to the ubiquitous 5 gal bucket but I added a snap on toilet seat that the Chums really appreciate.CHUMMING isn't really difficult if you cater to their basic needs.:big_smile::smile2::eek:oooh::lol::wink:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just mention three items. Extra boat plug. In cold weather you might want an extra change of clothes. Some type of dry storage. Plastic trash bag, or zip lock bags. Matches in case you get stranded on a shore. I know that was four. Don"t forget the cell phone and camera. Good luck.:big_smile:

11. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Light bulbs for the runnin lights black tape and some FOOD& DRINKS!!!!!

12. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    aside from my tackle i carry, my survival tin (fishing hooks, line, thread, needles, matchs, water purification tabs ect. in a water tight tobacco tin), 3 or 4 of those 98 cent ponchos, and some bottled water. i fish far away from civilization most the time and like to have things and not need them than need them and not have them:big_smile:.

13. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i carry a boat box, this is a dry storage box you can get at any sporting goods looks like a amo box, in side i keep a leatherman tool, a 2 c-cell mag light, water proof matches, boat flairs, extra boat plug, my vhf hand held radio, a hand held gps that has my launch point as a way point, a hand held compass, small first aid box, some cigars, a folding knife, extra pair of glasses, a card that has all my info on it name, address, blood type, who to call, and other pertnate info if in case i can't respond. tp, in a zip lock bag, extra zip lock bags, and i put my cell phone in it before i leave the dock. extra batteries, but out of all the stuff i have in it the most inportant is my hand held compass there has been times on lakes i go to all the time where it comes in handy, can't see land marks at night, and in the fog. the gps is great but being depended on it can only result in a false security. batteries can go dead, i have a gps on the boat as well and have lost contact once at night and had to use my compass to get back.also i have the lake map in the box too, when i go to a lake i take that lakes map with me all the time,

14. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Oh Man! What's Wrong with You Folk's? You All Forgot to Mention, Don't Forget the COLD BEER.LOL J.D.
    :big_smile_2::big_smile_2::too_sad::beat_brick:

15. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    John, We gotta go fishing together some time.:big_smile:

16. theflyfisher

theflyfisher New Member

State:
    CT
    A first aid kit...nothing worse than bleeding all over the carpet.

17. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    John: You obviously have the right attitude. Who needs a survival kit when you have enough beer. Unfortunately it looks like you might have a hard time opening a bottle with your teeth. That's why you need me along as necessary equipment. My teeth are gone in the back but the front ones work well for clipping mono-line and opening beer bottles. Our arthritis probably prevents us from opening tab tops well-so I'll bring along a couple of church keys, tied by a string to my neck. If we get lost we can stick a candle in a bottle neck and wait for the Coast Guard. John

18. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I have spare boat plug, zip ties,black tape,flash light,that is just a start.:big_smile: