What to buy?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by westvirginiacatfish, Jan 26, 2009.

1. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    My wife give me some money to buy some new fishing gear. I've decided to buy some new reels. I like the ABU 6500c3 . I also went to catfish connection and seen the rod and reel combo which is the 7000i plus the rod for 99.95.The 6500C3 is 81.95 alone. What would be the best way to go. Please help. Any advice will help. :smile2:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I would go with the 6500c3. The Catfish Connection 7000i is Chinese, but ALL the 6500 are Swedish. I repped you for your choice in Abu Garcia reels and Catfish Connection.

Bill in SC

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    If you dont fish heavy current and dont find yourself wondering if your gonna have enough reel to get your fish in, and want more REELS why spend so mutch for basicly the same thing. IMO the plane 6000 is just as good of reel as a 6500 and is around $20 cheeper. so for $160 you could have 2 reels or for $180 you could have 3 or for the same $160 2 loaded with 65# powerpro, that will last for years, a load of hooks swivels and weights.

4. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    Ok, here's what i decided to order. My wife wants to start cat fishing with me so we made the choices together. I'm ordering 4 of the 6000 ABU Garcia Rod and reel combos and two of the 6500C3 reels. All from catfish connection. that should about do it I hope. :crazy:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Wish I could rep you back to back. You made a WISE choice! I guarantee you satisfaction!!

Bill in SC

6. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    Thanks. We decided if were gonna do it. we were gonna do it right and get the best. What line would you suggest for these reels?

7. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    The Abus will last you a lifetime if you take care of them. Good choice. I have some 5000's over 30 years old.

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've got 6500 reels with everything from 12-30 lb mono.. and,,, a bunch of 7000 series with everything from 30-50# mono, and up to 80# braid...
    It's just hard to choose... Good problem to have:wink: