What to believe when friends make a claim like this? Ghosts and haunted houses.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by mcwrestler, Apr 28, 2008.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    To start off I consider myself a well-educated person and a firm believer in the Bible. I am Finishing up my bachelor’s degree in business and then going for my Masters from UTK. I also like to think I have an open mind when it comes to things such as mysterious creatures (Bigfoot, Loch Ness, etc) as well as visions of ghosts/demons. Thing is a story I heard from some fishing partners has set me back a little bit. I am just not sure what to believe. I will give the account of their story to the best of my ability and then add my opinions on the possibilities, however if all cases they have mentioned are true I would be very freaked out.

To set the background they are all High School dropouts, only one got a GED (this hurts some credibility even if they are my friends). 2 of them I always fish with and they are very open to the possibility of hauntings, ghosts and the like, and there girlfriend who also believes. One of those 2 has a learning disability and sometimes when fishing they are very on edge for reasons I do not know.

They moved out from there moms for the first time and into a house that was once occupied by there aunt and uncle. After moving in they had there friend and his wife move in as well. Apparently strange things have been happening, most after what they referred to as dead hour (after 3am they say). Apparently they have all seen visions of a girl, or the figure of a girl and shadows in the house. The one who is mentally impaired saw black clouds floating over the ceiling and in an all black room they claim there are 2 visions of a girl, one with a man beside her. All of this started after they removed an inverted black cross from the door of the black bedroom. They have tried to take photos but he says his camera mysteriously loses charge and then gains it back in another room. He managed 2 pictures of the black wall said to contain the pictures. They can only be made out on the digital if you tilt the screen then invert it. The scariest part is the next little bit. I am not sure in which order the events took place, they just told me all of them so I will just share as well. They left the black room towards the kitchen when the knife drawer flew open, they went back to the room opened the door and found 2 knives stuck in the bed. Another occurrence involved the friend who moved in with his wife. He woke up one night unable to move and felt himself thrown back to the bed from a levitated state and could barely breath. He decided to film it happening but as he set up the film a slap was heard and he emerged with a handprint across his face and was scared more than he had ever been. He was the only one in the room. Later they decided to "speak" to what was in the room. They used a candle and asked that yes be two flickers or blows of the candle and no be one. They asked if the "spirit" spirit would talk and got the yes response. Asked if it was a girl and another yes. Asked if it meant harm and it said no. Then they asked what happened. The candle flickered twice for yes then they claim a deep evil voice yelled no from behind them. The wife of the person levitated became possessed shortly after (she was the one doing the questions). They claimed things have been thrown and other odd things happening. They burnt sage in the house and it angered whatever was there they said. The oldest person there, the eldest brother and one of the only 2 remaining said that the demon was "Kane" he believed. The woman was exorcised and will not allow her husband to fish with the others anymore due to the "spirit" going through them to get to her. She literally parked 100yards away and had him collect his fishing stuff, she was really scared. Now the oldest/owner is considering bringing a "witches" bible a cousin owns to the place to do who knows what. He "claims" it is bound with part of human skin, never saw it and don't want to. Also want a Black?? Ouija board to take to the house.

Here is my opinion. As far as the walls and the face goes, when a person is born the first see faces, mom, dad, and doctor. We are predisposed to see faces in things (trees, Mary in toast, walls, ink blots). Her possession, well the mind is powerful. If she thought it was possible maybe she made it happen. The knives, no answer, and the levitation maybe he woke up from a bad dream. The slap, no answer.

I never saw any of it but they want me to come over after dead hour to experience it. They will call it out, or else it does not show they say. I am concerned with the whole Ouija board and witches bible, if something was there how can it be good. What can repel such a thing, what could it be. Should I believe, should I go over and get mixed up in what they may do. I think it would be ill advised. I have goose bumps as I type this.

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would only go in there with a priest, and I would be carrying Holy Water wearing crucifixes. That Devil stuff scares me, and I'm Fearless.

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i would say if the house freaks them out so much then they need to move out. i once lived in a renovated attic in an old house and woke up once in the night feeling like someone had both knees on my chest, i couldnt breathe for about 3-4 minutes and then it just went away.

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I do believe in good and evil but the whole ghost thing to me is silly and can usually be explained. The ouija board to me is all bull,this is what I live by,"THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND THE ONE WHO SAVES ME, I FEAR NOTHING." EXCEPT SPIDERS!!!LOL!!

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I dunno what religion you are but in mine it says to STAY AWAY from that stuff. There isn't much more to add to that IMO. My faith is strong and I think a spirit would have a hard time to get hold of me. Now if I decided to go against my teachings and play around with the boards or witches I would be weakening my faith by doing so. Then I believe things like that could be possible.

IMO I don't believe a word from your buddies. Think about it....If you saw one freaky thing happen would you in you right mind go back in ?...no darn way !!!!

Amityville horror....well I lived down the street, on Ireland Place. I know for a fact that place wasn't haunted. I knew the neighbors, passed the house every day going fishing, and my parents knew Robert Defao ( cant spell it )...the murderer. The whole thing was for the money. That's just one example of fake hauntings that I know for sure.

I say your Bible has plenty to say about it and I'm surprised to hear you even considering being involved.

-Jim-

6. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I wouldn't drink the bong water.

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That was some interesting stuff thank you for sharing this with us, I agree with the paranormal I think there is things out there that we just cant explain your right for some reason around 3 oclock deadtime is when most spirit activity is reported, I dont really work much about Ghost or anything beacuse the bible says greater is he in you than he thats in within the world.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Call in the TAPS team so we all can see.....

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    A lot of that 'paranormal' stuff in the bible so they say....and you believe it without question or seeing with your own eyes.:roll_eyes:

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    :smile2:BOO:big_smile:

11. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    For the record I am a Christian and would like to believe I am strong in faith. I have discouraged their intent on the Ouija board and other things of black majic, they are not the same type of peope I am spiritually.

As far as considering being involved, I did not want them to call it. I doubt its existence and thought about spending a night to see if anything stuck out to me. I did not want them asking for it, as that seems to be upping the chances of either A. It actually happening, or B. Allowing their mind to allow anything they see to become "a ghost".

I told them if I saw one thing I could not explain I was out and gone and never back. I have a fear that my friends may be near dabbling in something they should not.

I also do not believe that Ghosts are departed spirits, but are visions the devil can cast to cause doubt in ones heart. He has dark powers as said in the Bible.

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I would consider finding some new friends.

13. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Play with fire and you ,will get burnt, sounds like their, hunting for some new recruits. need to go talk to your minister or priest.
    Jim

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As several of my BOC family knows,I too am a Firm Believer is Christ.He died on the Cross and God Raised Him Up 3 Days later.I belong to Jesus,in confessing this I too would STRONGLY consider getting involved with different friends,possibly folks who share your religious beliefs.As we open the Word of God,and read it from Genesis to Revelation,we find many times beforeJesus died He removed Evil Spirits,Demons,whatever you want to call them,He Spoke,and the Demon Immediately was gone,taken care of,however you want to say it.Same thing after He Arose,and ascended up into Heaven.His 12 Diciples,were then called Apostles,and we find,that the Apostles had certain powers,to do Miracelous things.But when the last Apostle passed away,so did these powers that they all had.Therefore I do not believe that your friends are actually seeing these things go on.As you say our minds are very powerful,if they believe they are seeing these weird happenings,to them it is real.But!!!!,I would have to say,it is only real to them because they Believe.Yes, I have to say,if I were you, I would tell them,they were in my prayers for peace of mind,but I could not hang around them.I hope I am making sense,I'm trying to anyway.This will probably end up in Religion which I am no longer part of.I just know I belong to the Lord,and I would have no dealings with people of this frame of Mind.Not to be mean Spirited but to be gentle as possible I would just tell them you care about them but you can not be involved in these matters. I love all of you BOC Folks~~~~~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile::big_smile:

15. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Well, I don't doubt this is possible. I personally wouldn't mess with that stuff. True or not, electricity can't be seen, people who ain't experienced or knowledgeable with it don't mess with it. This is not something to play with. If they was my friends and continued to mess with it, I would find new friends. If they ignore it and forget about it, maybe it will leave them alone. They asked if it meant them harm, but it said no. Did they expect it to say yes? Something evil would probably lie. If it possessed someone before, its time to move out.

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Seriously, I saw some crazy things in a house when I was a kid. This house was haunted for sure. It never sold for about 20 years and stayed empty when I move from Cali about 13 years ago.

17. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I personally don't believe in ghosts or spirits, but I do have a story from a few years ago. I worked dayshift then and it was about 4:45 in the morning. The house we lived in had an upstairs and a downstairs. The bathroom was downstairs and in the far back corner of the house. I had just finished taking a shower and was heading upstairs to kiss my wife goodbye before I left for work. As I was turning the corner I noticed a "white cloudy figure" looking at the computer screen. The night before I had downloaded a screensaver. It was the "throwing star" from a Metallica album. This figure had the shape on a full grown man, and it looked like it had white powder all over him, which made it look cloudy. Anyways as I turned the corner, this "figure looked up at me turned and took 1 step and dissapeared. As I said before I don't believe in ghosts or spirits, but this happened so fast I don't know if I should believe it or not. Until I see, with my own eyes, something floating or moving on it's own. I choose not to believe it.

18. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    as far as the weegi board, witches book, or whatever you call that stuff, you can't fight evil with evil. there are two teams if you look at it from a spiritual aspect ,good (God), evil (satan). is one going to bring in evil things to fight evil? that is ludicrous. i believe if one dabbles in that stuff one is opening a window to evil. the question is were they messing with that stuff before all this happened? you might ask them that question and you might have your answer.