What time of day has been most productive for you, when fishig for Channel Catfish???

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by BIGCATFISH64, May 11, 2009.

What time of day do you like to fish for Channels?

1. Mornig

2. Noon

3. Night

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I was just wondering what time of the day is most productive for fishing Channel Cats, and why?

2. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just kinda depends for me....Ive had luck at all times of day at one time or another but seems to me between 8pm and 11pm and 5am and 8am are my most productive bites...Dont know if anyone else has had similar circumstances and like i said ive had it work all ways and caught plenty of cats on hot sunny days but these times seem more likely than not my most productive times....thanks!

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    As previously mentioned, I've had sucess @ all times of the day & night. What I do believe in is the solunar tables for major feeding times. For me it has seemed to be accurate & if @ all possible, I try to plan my fishing trips during that time.

Since I live in South FL, day time fishing @ this time of the year here can be miserable, so I try to make my afternoon/evening fishing trips conicide with the major feed times of the solunar tables.

HTH, Elliot

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have caught them all times of day and night too., but I think the most have come in at between 6:00pm-11:00pm. First there will be a little frenzey, then it slows down but they still bite on and off till allmost midnight.

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree 100%......most of the fish I catch are during the (major and minor) feeding periods.....whether that is morning , mid-day , or evening or middle of the night. .......

www.solunarforecast.com/solunarcalendar.aspx

6. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Night time CHANNEL catfishing might be better, but where I fish there is no night fishing allowed therefore I have caught some of my LARGEST CHANNE's at DAYBREAK, and maybe 1 hour after sun up, while the light is still low and they are on still the PROWL. I vote morning.

7. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Personally I prefer early morning bite especially in the springtime 6-10AM where I fish and 5-10PM in the evening, still the morn is the best!!:wink:

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I haven't thought about it much, they seem to bite at anytime of day or night..., if they're biting,,,I always throw a nightcrawler out, and that's what I mainly fish for them with,,

9. Herogre

Herogre New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I catch most of my channels a hour before sundown and a hour after sunup. I usually find them up in the shallow water.

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I voted for the Morning bite on catching Channel Cats. For the simple reason, I'm one of those "Early Bird Gets the Worm" type of fisherman!LOL! Anyhow, I've always prefered the Morning for fishing on any species of fish I'm after.

I usually have my best luck at 5:30am-10:00am. I have caught cats during all hours of the day. The night bite can be especially good during the dog days of summer, and thats when I'll be fishing them at night. Usually fishing the hours of 9:00pm-midnight and sometimes all early hours of the morning.

11. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    well as far as this year goes i would have to say morning by far. for some strange reason i dont do all that well at night atleast not this year.my biggest fish have come from the daybreak bite and then the size seems to drop some as the day goes by. i vote morning.

12. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey Chuck! Thanks for your input, and welcome to the BOC brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    The Central Valley here gets pretty hot and all ready this Sunday is projected to be 104. So I normal fish at sundown to sun up. Best fishing when the temps get hot:wink:

14. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Any time I fish I try to be on the water during a prime or secondary activity period according to the solunar table.

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I could not vote. There was no anytime. LOL! The tides dictate when and where to fish on my river. :wink:

16. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    my favorite times are a couple hours before dawn and a couple hours after it gets dark.

17. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have caught more catfish during the evening time, than any other.

18. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Man , Its during all parts of the day or night. Like a few said already.when they start feeding, you need to be there..I've hit a school a few yrs back and caught 63 channels in a little over 3 hrs, in a 6x20' area along the edge of a rock bed that dropped into deeper water in the morning, one afternoon me and a friend caught 74 on cut prawns last yr between 11am-4pm in a area the size of a pickup.Nighttime seems to be the slowest for me, never caught any real big numbers of fish, but a few aong rock flat edges while fishing for flats.

19. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I have always thought that a channels advantage was smell and taste and feel. so anytime that the bait's advantage usally site is at a disadvantage (Low light) that is when I try to hit the water but will go anytime as long as I can stay out of the sun. lol

20. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I fish differently throughout the day but I really like that last two hours before darkness sets in.