What time of day do you go fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by f155mph, Aug 17, 2009.

1. f155mph

f155mph New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know catfish feeds at night, but the last few times I went I got zero bite. The only thing that were biting were bugs. So I am debating if I should switch my fishing habit and go really early in the AM instead of after work at night.

2. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    i like to fish from about 7pm to 8am if I am really serious. If I had to choose just one I tend to choose the early morning. Mostly because its cooler and less people, not becasue the bite is better.

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I fish whenever I can, day or night. I have had great days and nights, and bad days and nights. Catfish are not night feeders they are oppurtunistic feeders. Show a hungry catfish food and they will eat it, day or night. Some of my best trips for numbers have come in the heat of the day in the summertime. Find feeding fish, catch fish day or night. There are fish feeding in a reservoir or river 24 hours a day 7 days a week. A person just has to find the ones that are feeding to catch them. That is the battle.

4. littlejomojo

littlejomojo New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    mostly i fish from 5:00 a.m.- 11:00a.m. when fish seem to be actively feeding if it's slow i fish from 5:00p.m.-10:00p.m. lately the bites been on from 8:30a.m.-10:00p.m.

5. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    morning or evening is when i have my best results..

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I usually start around 7 pm till 3 am.

7. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    you can catch catfish anytime..if you can find them..catfish are night feeders. exspecially flats

8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I usually fish from dawn to around noon.

9. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I fish any time I get the chance. Does not matter if it is night or day. Some times they bite at night and some times they don't and the same goes with fishing during the day. Just go when you have time. You will get them.

10. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I fish whenever I can, day or night. I have had great days and nights

11. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Yeah. Fishing in the morning has always been great for me. Although I'm not a morning person by any means, I would prefer to be eatn alive by bugs at night knowing I'll sleep in! LOL. But at anyrate fishing at night should be better than daytime. I would say your prime time according to my experiance is about 2am-5am.
    But that's just me.

12. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    I'll second that anytime I can get on the water is a good time.