What time do you land the BIG Cats?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KansasKatCatcher, Apr 24, 2008.

1. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Hello everyone. I was just wondering what time of day/night do you land the big Flathead and blues? Has anyone ever caught any in the the middle of the day with rod and reel? What time do you usually go out to fish these beauties?

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I don't think anyone can say when a big cat will bite. I only fish day time and catch both flats and blues , others only fish at night and catch them also.It is more about putting in the time to learn your water.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I want to know when they bite also!!. The answer to your question is anytime your out you have to have confidence in your ability to find a big cat. Other then that 10pm. :cool2: 10pm - 11pm seems to be a good time then it slows down some and starts to pick up again around 1am.. But hey if you don't go when you can you will never catch one.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    For me ....just about all my bigguns have come under the cover of nightfall. :eek:oooh:

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey ive caught some good size cats in the middle of the day but usually its better either catching them early in the morning or late at night.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I mostly fish during the day and have caught plenty of Big Blue Cats in the sweltering heat of midsummer, no particular times, just right place, right time!:wink:

7. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    I have had bites in the morning from about day brake to about 11a.m. and the they start back up around 4p.m to about 8p.m. then back up around 11p.m. to about 2a.m. So I am getting hits almost all day.

8. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i fished a tourny last yr on the ohio river during the day. 8am till 3pm. it was 95 degrees. 1st place had 5 fish with a total weight of 155 pounds. they didnt have big fish it was caught by another team and it weighed 72 pounds. i think its more of finding the big fish no matter what time.

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    if You hit a big blue on the nose with a bait it will take it no matter what time of day or night.

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    99 % of all my big cats come between 9 am and dark.i very seldom catch any big fish after dark.i do a lot of fishing after dark but mostly for smaller flatheads.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The fish in my Avitar only 17.5 lbs was caught at noon on a cold38* day in december. I catch my bigger blues during the winter months.

12. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I like to fish the mornings. Usually 9am to 1pm.

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the boc, this site is full of good info and great people

14. webb_76

webb_76 New Member

State:
    VA
    I do almost all my cat fishing at night 10pm till 10am. They are all good eating size but not many monsters. When I was younger I would go about 4pm till 3am and around 8pm i would catch big one's, but i guess it just depends on the mood of the fish and when they want to eat.

15. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    For me 11:00-1:30 or 2:00 am. But that is because I usually get free to fish during those times!

16. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I have caught all my biggest fish in the day no certain time just keep fishing where the big ones hang out and you will hook into one sooner or later. Using the right bait helps also.All my big fish have been caught on skipjack or mooneye not on shad. It seems like night either can be real good or real bad. At night I think the fish roam alot more feeding and during the day they sit and ambush.:0a23:

17. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I don't think that any particular time of day is best. It's like deer hunting: Either you go to them or let them come to you. At night (when they're roaming), I hunker down and let them come to me. During the day, I go to them and try to drop the bait in their bedroom.

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

No truer words were ever spoken. Only twist I gotta consider is the tide.:wink: