what the...!!

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Cattoo, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    am i going bling or just nuts but where have all these UFC threads been? i had posted one called" UFC Nation" a while back and i could never find where it went. i get on here tonight and there is a section for wrestling, boxing and ufc. what gives? this is great but could us UFC fans get our own thread instead of lumping us with wrestling and boxing? wrestling is fake and pathetic and boxing is for sissies. we need to be on the same playing field with all the other major sports. it is the fastest growing sport on the planet ya know.

2. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well i know this. i have had 2 fight in nhb and about 30 boxing matches and trust me when i tell ya the boxing matches was twice no 3times as hard then the ufc type fighting. even though i am retired from boxing and i love nhb always have loved it. but now im retired at 31 and all my time is spent on the river.lol not as painful. but as far as" boxing is for sissies" anyone who says that has never steped in a ring to do it.

3. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i wasnt being serious bro. the point is boxing is on the way out. UFC is the new boxing. there are a few mma fighters who are good boxers but there are no boxers who can beat these guys on the ground. its been proven time and time again.

4. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    oh yeah. i have boxed when i was younger. i was also involved in alot of fist fights. i like the bare knuckle fights better. they don't last as long.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I agree, we are gonna need our own UFC or a MMA section.

6. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yea like i said i like the mma better. but i dont think boxing is on its way out. delahoya/mayweather had like 40 million pay per view buys. thats a bunch of people. ufc has never came close to hitting those numbers. 07 was a great yr for boxing. cotto/juda,mayweather/delahoya,pavlik/taylor,cotto/moseley thats alot of superfights. i think there is room for both. cant wait to see silva smash liddell and st pierre smash hughes. should be a great night sat night.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri

Post the facts. MMA is growing fast. Will it eventually eclipse boxing? Idunno. This has been a record year for boxing as well as MMA. Please show me the proof of 40 million ppv buys for the Delahoya/Mayweather fight. I beilieve that to be a gross overestimate considering 400,000 is a big number for a boxing event. Misplace a decimal point or two?

http://www.mmapayout.com/2007/11/boxing-ppv-update-arum-follows-ufcs.html

8. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Right on! i have a friend here in Arkansas. And she is the manager of the Amature UFC. I tell ya, she has a fight on Jan. 5. :crazy::big_smile:

9. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
  10. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
  11. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    We created this new forum because we've received many requests for a section like this. We decided that one section for all of fighting sports would be better than a section for each one. Just make a thread for whatever choice you have. Make sure the language stays clean enough for youngsters to read. And please show proper respect to each other's opinions. Thanks, enjoy the new forum.

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've always enjoyed a good fight. Whether I was watching or doing the fighting. I love too watch a good boxing match. The fact is ...you dont see many good Boxing matches any more. But you do see Good UFC matches all the time. It is growing by leaps and bounds . The ICEMAN cometh !

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hahahaha ya that was great. rogan made him look like an idot.

14. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i don't think boxing is on the way out at all. saying mma will push boxing out is like saying vanilla ice cream will do away with chocolate ice cream- they are different flavors but there's a bunch of folks that enjoy either or both of them.
    that being said, i didn't watch ufc for years, instead preferring the pride circuit. now that ufc has acquired pride, i am back to ufc again. bodog had promise, but most of the fights i have seen were not that great. after watching the ufc again i rented a bunch of past events from them and saw they have really increased in the quality of their fighters, the rules and event locations. all around good stuff in my opinion.

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I dont think that boxing is going anywhere anytime soon. MMA and Boxing both have their place. Boxing matches still pull down big numbers on pay per view. UFC is the greatest thing going in MMA right now but I still liked the Pride fights better.

16. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    im sorry my numbers was wrong. the delahoya fight sold out to 40thousand at the gate and 2.4 million pay per views producing worldwide 165 million dollars in buys. that is crazy. i love ufc but they have never came close to producing that kind of money also i think the ufc fighters dont get paid near enough. look at the top athletes in other sports. look at jordan, delahoya, or sosa all these athletes make way more money. a top boxer makes millions a fight. i think top ufc guys are under paid. boxing will always be here. its been here for centurys. but ufc is growing since 1993

17. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    also on the numbers. the top ufc was ufc 61 it sold 775000 pay per views. thats not close to 2.4 million. but it is alot.

18. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    UFC fighters are definantly underpaid. At least as far as their actual salaries reflect. I think most of the top fighters deserve a bigger share. On the flip-side, the UFC has more mouths to feed with the number of fighters on a card, and the number of hopefuls waiting to get their shot in the octagon.