What the!?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by baitchunker, May 10, 2007.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    a fishing buddy of mine (and long time friend) just called me from his cell-phone. we had talked yesterday and he said he was going fishing with somebody else today to hit up some cats. when i answered my phone it was him. he was "sorta" lost and wanted me to explain to him how to get to "my" favorite hole on the al river. i know i dont own the river but this is a spot i found one night with my dad many moons ago. (back when we still spoke) i really dont want my good friend going there without me much less taking some dude i dont know. i conveniently lost signal. what do yall think? am i right or am i right?

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    by the way... it is a sweet hole!!

3. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Keep lost signal. If he does getthrough tell himanother hole and later say, Oh, I thought that one was the one you were talking about.

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nothing good comes from lying, just tell the truth. You would rather he didn't share that spot with others.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm with Jack. Tell em he needs to get off his duff and do some work on his own.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I have to agree with netmanjack on this one.

7. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    well if its your favorite spot and you two arent really friends anymore and he wants to take someone u dont know i wouldnt have told him either. good choice brother

8. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i think over-all what yall are saying is... dont lie, but dont tell him where the hole is either. thanks for yall's input. i know us fishin junkies are territorial but all in all we are good folks. i dont have any reason to lie to him. i just hope he doesnt find it on his own. lol!

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You must never lie! It will never help matters! Only makes things worse! It will cause folks to lose their faith and trust in you! Once your integrity is gone, it is gone.Simply not worth it!-

10. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    If he is a true friend and has been for a long time what is wrong with telling him the truth????

Explain to him why you do not want to share that info. It may be as simple as he just never gave it any thought and once you explain it to him he will see it the same way you do.

If he gets angry over it then he isn't much of a friend.

A friend should not have to lie to a friend!

11. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I would just let him know anytime he wants to go with you, your up for it (as long as he now wears a blindfold) , but, you cant give up spots like that to everybody..............by the way I am more than willing to wear the blindfold for a crack at it....LOL

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i guess im to old to be clever.id have said some thing like you got to be joking.you want me to stay home so you can take your friend to my fav.fishing hole.not in this life time.

13. jakecat91

jakecat91 New Member

State:
    Indiana

I would have done the same thing

14. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    im sorry, but i woulda sent him on a wild goose chase to the worst hole ever......but they are right, dont lie to him, i would voice how i felt about it, friend or not.

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats right and a freind would understand why you wouldnt tell , infact i dont think my freinds would even ask such a question especially if they knew the story behind the spot , but not everybody has good freinds

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LOL.....

Where is your wallet at, I need to go grab some dinner. Sorry you cant go.

Is this what you feel like?? lol

17. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Whos lying?
    Just do like the rest of us do.
    S T R E A C H tha truth a little!!!!
    nuff said??:lol:

18. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My favorite hole NO. I would have told him Ill give you directions to my second spot. If he does a lot of fishing he will understand.

19. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i just figured i would give yall an update. i just talked to joe (buddy) and he said they only cought 3 fish all night and they were pretty small. he did find my hole, but he said they didnt even get a bite there. thank you Karma! i really did want him to catch some good fish just not in my spot. oh well, i told him next time i'd have to go with him and show him how to spit on the hook. LOL!

20. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    You should have sent him to someplace with a lot of snags and little or no fish. That way you protect your spot and help your friend by giving him more experience in tying terminal tackle.