What the heck??

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by massa_jorge, Feb 25, 2007.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    man i went to get some 7.62x39 ammo so i could feed my sks, and noticed the price per box has gone up $2 a box. they wanted $200 a case for it, when it used to be $120 for the same amount 8 months ago, last time i bought some.
    the guy at the counter said the countries that make it are not shipping to the united states very often now. what a load of crap.

2. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    its all being shipped to the iraqi army. you can still find it, but its expensive

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yes that and the fact that STEEL and BRASS and COPPER are at all time high prices go figure

4. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    No doubt about it... ammo costs are REALLY starting to hurt my feelings. My SKS used to be the cheapest rifle (save my .22lr) to shoot, but nowadays they're all expensive. Heck, even Wal-Mart has raised prices on all of their ammo, and the 9mm 100 round packs they used to sell for $11 are now going for $15!

I can't afford this hobby anymore!!!

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That's no lie! I've been shooting pistol competitions for year, but even the components for reloading are getting to were I'm not going to be able to keep this sport for much longer:sad2:

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    My small dealer here said the same, it's all going to the middle east and africa.....he's having trouble keeping stocked. Everybody ought to sit on at least a case. Might need it.