What the BAYOU means to me!

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by paul c, Jan 12, 2010.

1. paul c

paul c New Member

sparks ga
    I remember when I was a little boy, always going with dad to the BAYOU. We had a small homemade plywood boat that dad had built. I remember sitting up front paddeling with the homemade paddle made out of plywood also. Dad would let me run the trot lines that was where I saw my first logerhead turtle. We caught countless catfish in that BAYOU using dogfood & block cheese. As the years went by,
    & I grew older I did not spend as much time on the BAYOU as I once did. After I married my wife, Lynda I made it back to the BAYOU to go frog hunting. She could catch frogs better then me & I was raised on the BAYOU. But now we have two boys of our own & live far from the BAYOU. As im teaching my sons to fish, I realize that its not the BAYOU I miss, its the time that me & dad spent makeing memories on that BAYOU.
  2. katmax

katmax New Member

griffin ga
    i sure miss fishin with my dad...but have just as much fun fishin with my boys(grown men now)

3. Jaw Jah Danny

Jaw Jah Danny New Member

South GA
    thanks for sharing the memories. never been to the bayous, only in Jerry Reed songs.