What the BAYOU means to me!

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by paul c, Jan 12, 2010.

1. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    I remember when I was a little boy, always going with dad to the BAYOU. We had a small homemade plywood boat that dad had built. I remember sitting up front paddeling with the homemade paddle made out of plywood also. Dad would let me run the trot lines that was where I saw my first logerhead turtle. We caught countless catfish in that BAYOU using dogfood & block cheese. As the years went by,
    & I grew older I did not spend as much time on the BAYOU as I once did. After I married my wife, Lynda I made it back to the BAYOU to go frog hunting. She could catch frogs better then me & I was raised on the BAYOU. But now we have two boys of our own & live far from the BAYOU. As im teaching my sons to fish, I realize that its not the BAYOU I miss, its the time that me & dad spent makeing memories on that BAYOU.

2. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    i sure miss fishin with my dad...but have just as much fun fishin with my boys(grown men now)

3. Jaw Jah Danny

Jaw Jah Danny New Member

State:
    South GA
    thanks for sharing the memories. never been to the bayous, only in Jerry Reed songs.