What technique to use for blue catfish late spring and summer

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by slabinator, May 12, 2006.

1. slabinator

slabinator New Member

I want to transition from catching channel cats on shrimp and chicken liver to catching some of these big blues I have been reading about. What is the best method for late spring and summer. I usually fish Falls and catch small channels on bottom drifting or anchored depending on wind speed but I am fairly close to kerr and Gaston and will be trying there. Are they in the river channels or up on the flats? Do you anchor or drift? On the bottom or up in the water column? Are there any blues in Falls? Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I think that they do a lot of drift fishing in kerr in the clarksville area.

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Lake gaston holds alot of big blues. I would try both anchored and drifting. Both lakes are pretty big so it will take time learning them. Alot of trial and error. You can't go wrong with fishing ledges,points or near shallow flats. This time of year blues move around alot, they can be anywhere.