what taste the best

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Jul 22, 2008.

wich do you prefer to eat & taste the best?

1. blue cat

2. flatt cat

3. channel cat

4. all thee above yum-yum

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am currious to see what the responses are here and this aint no cpr friendly question-If you catch a cat -blue,flatt or channel witch do you like to eat the best?we will go with one size fits all the fish is 5lbs then filleted.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

3. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    All for me to !!:002:

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    all the above yum-yum

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ken, all three, but you have to consider who's doing the cooking. I have seen the best fish of all three desecrated by a bad cook.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
  7. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    well i voted for all 3 but havn't eaten a channel in years.i mainly eat blues and flats imo they all taste bout the same if you clean them right and cut all the red and yellow meat out of em.

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Flatties are the bomb. Not much meat on a 5 pounder, but still yummy. Blue comes in second. I'll give the channels to the disabled guy down the road.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    me too

10. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    My favorite catfish is flathead always clean meat and more meat on them than the other cats. I personally like striper more than any catfish though. I only add them because here you can catch them side by side.

11. CatKing13

CatKing13 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well I believe actually catching some flatties would be key to me being able to try one :confused2:....haha but as of now blues take the cake in my book!

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Beetle you had to do it didnt ya buddy:wink:You and that dang stick (LOL)yer right if it aint prepped right or cooked right it is a bad deal!

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    All three for me but I like channel the best. Mostly cause channels is what I fish for most of the time. Plus we have a lot of catfish resturants. They serve channel. HmmmmmmH mmmmmmmm good with all the fixin's

Some people I know will mix up a channel with a mud cat.
    What I call a mud cat is usually in ponds. They very dark in color, meat dont taste right to me.

Then there are Bream, and crappie. Both good eating fish but I love crappie the best of the 2.
    I dont really eat many of the bass family.

14. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    We don't have much of a blue cat fishery in AZ but we have alot of channel and flat. Flat takes the cake for me by far the meat is simular to stergion and halibut being very dense and mild in taste. One of the best freshwater fish to catch and eat, each fillet makes a fantastic meal and conversation with the family.:wink:

15. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Flathead is the best eating of them all

16. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    hell i eat em all! tasty tasty morsels they are

17. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Bullheads 1st then all of the above. lol I like em but not much to them. I only have bulls & channels in my particular area.

18. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Channel Cat For this Old Boy,Love UM. Never have eaten any Flat's or Blues cause I turn them Bad Boys Loose,Ain't got the heart to put the Knife to one, and I have Boated My share over the years.Not that there is any thing wrong with eating them at all I just Don't. And the reason I don't is cause Flat's and Blues Eat BASS (God Love Um):wink: J.D.

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I eat bass to - if they hook and big nuff they in the grease!(LOL) cpg -catch picture & greasem

20. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well Ken, I voted for blues.....although I would eat all three. Flatheads would be second for me, and I'm not crazy about channels. All of 'em are fine to eat imo though, if filleted/prepped/cooked correctly as you guys mentioned.

What I do find interesting is that over the last couple years (in previous polls such as this one), I've noticed quite a few NC members say they prefer blues.