What Stinks

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by blacksheep, Feb 18, 2008.

1. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    About a week ago, we ( the wife and I) started to smell something in the house that I thought to be a dead mouse in the basement. So today I thought I would go down there and find the dead Elephant (the smell had gotten worse) So down I went. After a carefully round with my trusty flash lite I locate the source. Jerry (justlearning) do you want your X frozen bag of shad we used a month ago back???? I found it in my cooler....
    Alan
    Has anyone else ever had this problem???

PS House for sale.

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    When the kids were Pre school I had a nanny come to the house. She didn't drive and on Fridays I used to take her to the bank to cash her check and then give her a ride home. One Friday her Grandaughter came to the house and I gave them both a ride home. I gave Jean some frozen Yellowfin Tuna I had caught to take home. Monday rolls around and I asked how was the Tuna. She looked confused but said oh yeah, it was good. In those days I had an old 1979 K5 Blazer I used for hunting and about nothing else. It would sit for weeks without me driving it. About three weeks after I gave Jean a ride home, Guess where I found my Tuna. Sam's Club and a box of Baking Soda as big as Nebraska and a week of sitting with three inches of baking soda over everything, the stink was absorbed or whatever, just plain gone. It was as bad as a smell could possibly be.

3. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Hey Alan...sorry about the smell in your house man....but if you remember...you supposedly took all the shad out the cooler and placed them in the 5 gallon bucket and told me to put the cooler in the back of the truck before leaving the hotel on the morning of Saturday 1-26 as you didn't want to use the cooler on the boat that day.

Jerry

4. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    i left a deer leg in a cooler. when i found it it was nothing but mush and a couple bones.:sad2: it took a couple gallons of bleach and a couple months of soaking before it was useable . never let that happen again after that experience. man what a terrible smell that was.

5. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Well the good thing about Alan's cooler....well I'm guessing....don't think the vacuum sealed bag had been opened.....if so that should make the situation somewhat better....

Jerry

6. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Bet you could have thrown THAT in a blender and made some real good stinkbait! LOL:smile2:

7. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I left some squid in the bait cooler one time after a trip to the OBX. Found it about 2 weeks later had left it sitting on the carport:dribble::oops:it was the worst thing i have ever smelled in my life.

8. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Hey Alan...somebody told me your wife thought that smell was coming from your feet...lol.....are things any better around the house...man you might have to get the ...well you've heard of the Ghost Busters....how bout "Shad Busters" ...lol what you think Alan.

9. RandyH

RandyH New Member

State:
    VA
    i fish with capt. hugh got you all beat

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was out on Cape Cod playing with my cousins when I found a snapping turtle the size of a dinner plate. I put it in the back of my Aunts car, figuring I would get it out later. When I got back to the house, Aunt Moo had already left for New York. I forgot all about the turtle.......until I got a call a few weeks later from a very P.O.'d Aunt. The turtle had gotten stuck up in the springs of the front seat and died. They didn't find it until they were forced to take out the seats looking for the smell.

11. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    After I located the cooler and opened it, the sealed bag was the size of a beach ball... I eased the cooler outside and prayed it wouldn't go off. (IED)
    I eased it into another bag, tied it up and drove it to the local garbage drop site. I have to describe what this place looks like. It has an attendent on duty with a compactor beside his hut. Guess where I put it???

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    what did your wife think ! lol

13. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    Pat, My wife took it rather well. She got out the sented candles and we burned them for a couple days. I had to take care of all the dirty work which I should, since it was my problem to start with. I would have liked to have been there when the garbage attendant pushed the compactor button:beated: