What state has the best fishing?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MilwaukeeCatHunter, Mar 26, 2006.

1. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Here's one for ya...if you had to pick one state (and only one state) to fish in for the rest of your life, where would you go. I am gonna say Wisconsin has you all beat. We got the Mighty Mississippi River, the Wisconsin River and plenty other good ones for Catfish. When ya get tired of fishin' for cats, we got plenty of lakes "up north" that are filled with anything else you want, including the Muskie. (I put this fish on the same level as the catfish) When all else fails, we got Lake Michigan and Lake Superior and all the tributaries for some good big water fishin'. Agree or disagree?

2. Brad

Brad New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sound like I need to head up your way. So far I've only fished Santee Cooper. I would like to change things a bit. That's a long way from home though.

3. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    It's well worth the trip. The northern part of the state is a jem. Deer hunting up here ain't bad either.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It sure would not be OHIO where I live.

5. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i would say texas, you got big everything! not to mention year round fishing and being warm while you fish. (in my books thats a big plus). you got all three species of catfish, big bass and many other freshwater species not to mention some great saltwater fishing!

my second bet would most likely be a state like wisconsin thats got it all. i love the muskies, pikes, smallmouth, walleye, and trout so a northern state wouldnt be to bad even with the bad weather.

6. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i would like to go to alaska or montana just for the fact that there are so many remote locations just to get away but i have to say there are a few spots here in good ole kentucky that i can still run and hide in. kentucky has alot of good fishing holes which i guess ever state does:)

7. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tennessee, besides great fishing, some of the best sipping whiskey in the world.

8. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    You got a point there...urban sprawl is slowly creeping all over our fine state of Wisconsin. Some of the areas are slowly losing their rural, northwoods flavor.

9. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    Being warm while you fish year round IS a bonus. Some people like the ice fishing up here, but not me.

10. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    We got beer and cheese.....OK, the sipping whiskey beats that by a mile. But I'll pull out my wild card, the Green Bay Packers.

11. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    when ever i hear anything about catfishing i hear one name Santee Cooper SC,I am planning a trip for later this year or next year to try it myself hopefully the fishing there is everything they say it is

12. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Got to go with my home state, Tennessee good rivers, lakes and warm 75% of the time in the western part where I am. Hard to beat!

13. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I'm like RIP, it'd be my home state of Texas. I thought about Flordia cause they have some really cool places to after big bass and saltwater every where. But I'd rather deal with Texas' wetbacks than deal with cubin wetbacks.

14. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    That just aint right.............Funny as he!! but you aint right!

15. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I was going to give you rep's for that one but it want let me.

16. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Personally, I'll stick with Oklahoma.

We've got awesome rivers and TONS of lakes. Not to mention farm ponds out the wa zu.

17. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    That's an easy answer Florida! We have Flatheads,Blues,Channels,Whites,Bullheads "brown & yellow" ,Bass out the @ss,Crappies,Sun fish of all types & Saltwater fishing as well. In Fl you are never far from a good fishing spot weather it be lakes rivers or coastline you want to fish.There is a good reason the state of Florida is ranked the best fishing in the world.

18. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    I live in IL, but I think MO might be the best for cats. Miss river, MO river, Lake of the Ozarks. Isn't the world rec Flathead from there? The world rec Blue wasc caught at the mouth of the MO river in the Miss( by a guy from IL). I don't know which state is really the best. I sure would like to try them all just to see!!!

19. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I'm with TBone and Delriver...I'd have to say Texas would be my #1 choice. Lots of big cats...big bass...and the saltwater fishing both inshore for bull Reds and Tarpon and offshore for shark, barracuda, snapper, and grouper make the Lone Star state my top choice.

6% beer doesn't hurt either...and MOST CERTAINLY neither do all the Texas hotties I saw when I went to lake fork last year!!

20. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    For trophy and world record cats I'd have to say ILL./MISSOURI around Alton area, and TX. at Lake Texoma due to the last two record holders were caught out of these areas. But for all around cats, I'd say Texas is pretty darn close to the best place.