What state has the best catfishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by skunkedagain, Oct 5, 2006.

1. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Just wondering what state haas the best catfishing,and what time of year is it the best,and if your from the south do you still have to go through fall patterns.I do know ohio has great cat'in and its been getting better year after year.Just wanting to hear some opinions.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I would always say the state I live in has the best cat fishing. I went from Texas to South Carolina and now North Carolina. And each of them has good and bad points. The biggest cat I have caught has been in South Carolina, the most is close but I would say North Carolina. Texas smokes both for bass though.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I would say that any state bordering the Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio and one or two of the other largest rivers has just about got to have the best catfishing. Unfortunately, that leaves Oklahoma out in the cold.

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  5. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    VA baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    ARIZONA Buddy!!!! Fishing in the desert is the best!

7. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I with you Brad Some of the best you can get is here in the Midwest

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Texas has great catfishing. Splash, after all, was caught here. Its not difficult to limit out on most lakes in Texas, and there are some big blues here. Even the 60+ year old lake I fished, Lake Houston, as silted up as its become, produces well. I live on the upper end, so fish there, and my catch averages 3-4 lbs. If on the lower end and with a place to launch, 30 and 40 lb blues would not be uncommon. Lake Livingston is blue catfish heaven...50 fish limit, blues and channels and its not uncommon to catch the limit.

But, the best state for catfishing is the one you are in and the best lake or river is the one you fish on a regular basis, get to know, and catch fish. I love my ugly old lake, keeps me happy with fish to fry.

9. catfishing fun

catfishing fun New Member

State:
    kentucky
    kentucky all the way:wink:

10. JTehan

JTehan New Member

State:
    florida
    I have lived and fished in Ohio, Kentucky, New York, South Carolina and Florida. While I have enjoyed fishing in all of these states I believe South Carolina is the best fishing.

11. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    From what i`ve been reading lately...my opinion would have to be Ohio.

12. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    ''Father of Rivers'' Mississippi !!!!!!

13. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Since I have became a member and seen a lot of post here on the BOC, I would say Kansas and Missouri has been consistantly strong in all 3 catfish species Flatheads,Blues and Channels. Kentucky and Tennessee has been good for catfishing year round (blue cats). If a person was just wanting the best channel catfishing, I would say the Red River at Selkirk or Winnipeg Canada.

14. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'm going to say Missouri also. We have the Missouri and Mississippi rivers, as well as Lake of the Ozarks and Truman Reservoir.

15. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I will have to go with my Home state on this one... Indiana But i havent had much to compare it too... just Alabama ,Kentucky, Tennessee and good Ol' Indiana.. Though i have hammered some 40+ down in alabama, but my PB is here in Indiana..

16. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Don't know about the best, but South Carolina cleary has the very worst!

I mean, just think about it, the Santee Cooper lakes hardly have two fiddles in them put together, and don't even bother with all o fthe rivers. None of the SC rivers is even worth wetting a line.

Soooo - don't ever bother coming to fish for cats. You won't like it.

:wink:

17. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I like being in North Georgia - i drive a little ways north to fish the Tennessee River for blues, drive a little ways south to Altamaha for flats (don't get to do as often) so its a nice mix I guess, but I wouldnt call it the best

18. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Illinois is the best of course we have the world record blue cat from Alton Illinois

19. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Missouri is by far the best, all the lakes and rivers. And seeing that alton is just across the river (that the fish was caught out of) the record could come from Missouri next time.

20. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    DITTO on that Doug....