What spots should I fish at?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catkid91, Apr 16, 2007.

1. catkid91

catkid91 New Member

State:
    IL
    New to the site and i love it soo mutch by the way!:big_smile:

I was wondering where should i fish at in lakes and ponds? There a couple dams around here. Just anything would help me, becuase i just set up and cast as far as i can.

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Welcome Josh!

Poke around the threads and you will find more info than you will know what to do with.

In general, find their food and/or the structure and you will find the fish. If you are fishing from the bank this will take a bit of experimenting. You may start by looking for where other people have been fishing but, as some folks are lazy, this can sometimes be misleading.

Creek channels or mouths, deeper holes, shallower flats after dark might get ya started. Maybe, don't be so quick to throw out as far as ya can just to be doing it.

One of my favorite spots on a local reservoir is a feeder creek that you can literally almost spit across and maybe 3 to 4 ft deep.
    In the spring, after dark, it can be real hot. We have caught Channels up to 12 lbs from that spot. Most folks would not even bother to Bluegill fish there.

Good Luck!

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC, Josh.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri josh.

5. Wooly

Wooly New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey, welcome to the BOC.
    Talk to the people at a local bait shop. They wont tell you about their secret honey hole but will tell you where you can catch some. You might also check with the state DNR. It's one of the benefits they can offer.

Wooly

6. got one

got one New Member

State:
    michigan
    Welcome to the BOC. never fished a lake for cats but in the river i usually will use what's natural to the area.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a25: :0a25: :0a18: Josh welcome to the BOC. Glad to see you on board. I look forward to reading your post.:lol: