What spinning combo do you use?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by CatSlayer715, Sep 1, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    I have a few baitcasting combos but i was wondering what spinning reels and rods do yall use? I'll be using 65# braid and throwing a 3-4 oz sinker.

2. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    shimano 4500 baitrunner on a 6'6 uglystick bigwater med action. Awesome combo:cool2:

3. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Okuma H45 on a 7'6" Berkley Big Game Rod and 50lb Power Pro, okuma H65 Bairunner on a Berkley 8' Glow stick with 65lb Power Pro, Penn 10' Combo with 65lb Power Pro. Have caught plenty 2-15lb fish on the 45 Okuma, havent used the 65 Okuma yet and the Penn has reeled in my 3 personal best Catfish: 25lb Channel, 32lb Flat and a 62lb Blue.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Penn CLL6000 Matched with Ugly Stick Tiger in med action. Great combination.

5. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    I've always used baitcaster set-ups for big fish on the river.I just put together my first flathead spinning rig.I bought a shimano baitrunner 4500B & a surge trophy cat mh 7'10 rod (prefer 1 piece rod & cork grips).Waiting on the delivery trucks as we speak.I'm hoping I can have this set up ready for the long weekend!

6. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i have 2 of these combos, shimano 4500 baitrunner w/cabela's 7' MH king kat pole and a 8' MH king kat pole matched with a cabela's 6500 salt striker baitrunner, all my reels are loaded with 80# power pro,40# big cat mono leader and 8/0 gama offset octopus circle hooks:wink:

7. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Tica Sportera SR4507R reel with baitrunner,
    Tica 9' moderate fast medium weight surf rod.

15# Berkley Big Game line with 20# BBG leader.

8. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use a 6.6 ft Big Water Ugly with an older large capacity Shakespeare Tidewater free runner reel with 30 lb Berkley BG mono. 1st one cast out of the boat. She will really fly.:wink:

9. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have a few that I toss around when fishing for flatheads.

8' H Whuppin Stick with a Cabelas Salt Striker Baitfeeder 65
    8' MH Berkely Glowstick with a Cabelas Salt Striker Baitfeeder 65
    9' MH Ugly Stick Big Water with a Cabelas Salt Striker Baitfeeder 80

They are listed, in order, of MY rankings on them. I REALLY like the Whuppin Stick rods by Cabelas. I now own 4 of them (and they are cheap).

10. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    i got two catfish safari 8ft rods one i with a shimano baitrunner 6500 the other i got is a okuma avenger abf65

11. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    8 ft shakespeare ugly stick bws 1102 with a shimano baitrunner 6500 loaded with 50lb braid

12. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Quantum Olumpus 80 on a Quantum Big Cat 7'5 Medium Heavy Rod with 100# Power Pro Red

13. ~Austin~

~Austin~ New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use a Penn 360 Slammer with a 7' Ugly Stick Intercoastal. I bought that setup for wade fishing for redfish and snook when I was in college, but it has been my "go to" combo for almost everything since.

14. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Its a lake pole, 12' American Spirit Nite Stick MH, Okuma Kalibre` spodding surf reel with 65# power pro. It can handle my Kat Bobber, 3oz sinker and perch with ease, or cat a Carolina rig a country mile if need be. Everything else is a baitcaster.

15. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    penn live liner 6000 on a 8 foot catmaxx rod. I love the reel but the only thing i dont like is the clicker is kinda quiet. You can hear it clicking but not like the avengers and shimanos

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:
    My favorite rod & reel combos are Shimano Baitrunner reels with Uglystik Rods. :big_smile:

My three main spinning combos are:
    Shimano 4500 reel with a 7'0" Uglystik rod
    Shimano 4500 reel with a 7'6" Uglystik rod
    Shimano 6500 reel with a 8'6" Uglystik rod
    :0a23:
    I got one word for those combos:
    "Priceless"
    :wink: