What size Kat Bobber

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by LMHart, Jul 21, 2009.

1. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I am looking to get some Kat bobbers but unsure what size would be right. I typically fish lakes or slow moving rivers with no larger then a hand size gill on a 4/0 Kahle.

Thanks

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I use their smallest size one.It holds a gill up around 6 inches and an oz of weight very nicely.You,d have to be using some big bait to need their larger ones.:wink:

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I use the Fat Kat. I like em cause ive never had to set the hook yet. I use 6" gills too. Im guessing the bouancy(sp) of the float helps set the hook. They allways seem to hook in the corner of there mouths too. Theres a vidieo at Petes Wild Wolf site that explains a little more of what oz weights they will hold. Good luck

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I use the 3" Kat Bobbers fishing with 3oz of weight an gills of whatever size (3-8") I can get mostly fishing for channels over 10lbs. I use Kahle hooks an I still have to set the hook.

5. Lignum

Lignum Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I use 3 to 4 inch size with 1 to 2 ounces of weight and a large gill or belly under and have no problem. :wink:

6. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    I use my own home made bobbers i make from stuff i get from hobby lobby. This is a 6" bobber i can make 12 from one package and it will equal the cost of 4 store boughts. In one pic you see a plastic tube sticking out from one end thats water cooler tubing whenit get a groove cut into it remove and replace. I have a long 1/8" aircraft drill bit i use to drill the center out then use a long skinny flat blade screw driver to hog out the rest. Then paint to my liking on the colors.

Foggy :cool2:

7. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    I was on the phone to long so search for a thread called (why floats) look on page 10 you will see pics of them. also if you fish in the turbine and hit the wall it wont break like a store bought bobber will.

Foggy :cool2:

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I dont see the pics.

9. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I haven't used them yet but I bought the 2" and the 4" plus a pack of the glowsticks. These are nice bobbers and should work great. I'd think the small one should hold the bait you described. The glowsticks fit really nice into the top of the bobber and they hold the glow for hours. The pack of 100 of the glowsticks will last you a very long time. I did have a couple in the pack that had been activated but it was only a few out 100 so no big deal. I can't wait for the reaction of other people when I cast a bobber as big around as a soda can. That should be good for a laugh but I'll get the last laugh!

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks for helping us out. This guy is asking about our products. We are a sponsor of the board. Trying to stay afloat during the hard times. I know some people like to build there own. But we have them better and ours hold up and last a long time.
    Guessing when people start making there own hooks we can just all stop selling Supply's and supporting the board by being a sponsor.
    Not picking on you. But I can even make a post about our supply's and theres someone jumping in with a how to make a kat bobber or jugs.
    Pete

11. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    :0a27: The Kat Bobbers are well made and far from exspensive. Support the board sponsors!