what should i do

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by richmondherperman, Oct 9, 2008.

1. richmondherperman

richmondherperman New Member

State:
    va
    I can go to this place 2 to 3 times a week and have only landed 1 flathead about 25 lb and i have bin using live brem at night and cut brem in the day for the blues and that is how i got this one and i do not know what to do where to cast and what bait to use i have gone there at night 4 times only 1 hit on the brem and in the spring i got lots more bites but did not land but 1 bowfin and one channel i know in there there are carp.What should i do for bait and i have tryed casting next to the fallen trees and nothing and in the sholow places and in the deep water it is the kanahwa canal in richmond.

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    If you know they are in there all you can do is keep trying. Try different baits, times of day, depths, locations,
    You will find em eventually...W

3. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    more than likely in the small river or lake espeaciallly a river there arent gonna be alot of fish in the holes 1 a month or maybe 2 but they will not repopulate to quickly

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Plenty of guys go the whole enitre year without a 25lb+ flathead.

Flatheads are the harder of the 3 species to catch.

5. richmondherperman

richmondherperman New Member

State:
    va
    I have bin going there all the time for 2 months i have gone about a doson times or more most of witch were at night.