What should i do.. I need advice!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by field989, May 3, 2007.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok i know some one who has a redbone hound... and he used to hunt with it but hasnt recently..... he wants to get rid of it... he tried giving it away but no one will take it.... its a really nice dog... and would be a GREAT dog for someone....

he said he will probably put it down if he cant get rid of it... which i definately dont understand..... id take it if i didnt already have a dog... its a super nice friendly dog.......

but i dont know if i should take it and put it in the animal shelter to AT least GIVE IT A CHANCE to get a owner....
    this dog really deserves a good owner that will take good care of it but i dont know what to do...

ANY advice will be appreciated

Thanks alot

Jeff

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    the man is done hunting the dog so he is considering killing it. People like that should be striped, hog tied and beaten on the town square weekly.

Good for you. Check hunting clubs or put an add in the paper saying ( trying to find good home for free great dog so the owner won't kill it )

If you advertise in the paper and need help I will make a donation towards the cost of the paper add.

Some people make me .......................... Sorry I held back so much.

Again good for you.

Danny

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

Thanks...

but donations wont be necessary...

and yes he shouldnt even deserve to HAVE a good dog like this one...
    but tomorrow ill go put a add on the radio
    and probably in the newspaper...

but it is a super friendly dog... and it is skinny.. aparently not gettin enough food or soemthing...

its just plain pathetic.... its like that dog treed coons for u and etc etc.. adn u cant even give it a good home and were just gonna put it down...
    its just sad

4. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
  5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yepp... i sent ya one back

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    its sad that this kinda thing happens, but it does. Hunting dogs are just that, hunting dogs. if they dont hunt anymore, some are lucky to make it outta the woods alive. Most are just left if they wont run. We've found a number of hunting hounds in the woods and took them in and fed them. One of which really tugged at my heart, it had been hit or kicked or something. Its hind quarter seemed to be hurting it. When we finally located the owner, took him an entire day, well into the night to finally get the dog from the pin-up cages that housed found/lost dogs. I made my husband drive 40 something miles to go check on it. I couldnt keep it but I sure wished i could have. I am thinking that the hound never saw anything sunrise. The poor boy was starving from food and affection. I actually laid on the ground with it for a while the night we found it.

Now you done went and brought up a sad memory:sad2:

I hope the hound finds a good home, deserves that much.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    But do not allow him to kill that dog,even if it means you have to take the dog yourself even for a littlewhile. If he's not feeding him properly how do you know but what he may be slowly starving it too death. I guess it's just me but the dog would be with me before any harm could come to it!JMHO
    Sister Pat:crazy:

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I know people like that. I dont care much for them.
    owner responciblity on pets sucks these days.
    I know some owners who should go to the dog pound.
    A dog like that should be no problem.
    Take care of the Dog.

9. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yea... if i didnt live with my parents that dog would be mine....
    im only 16 after all lol

but it really is bad that this is goin on...

Thanks for all the replys...Jeff

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I didnt know your age. Thanks for trying for the old dog.
    A good dog is a friend for life.

11. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    try to talk yor parents into letting you take in that old hounddog:tounge_out: :big_smile:

12. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Hey Jeff,
    That's the way to step up.Sounds like you have good morals.:0a31: I have
    a lab that i duck hunt with,wouldn't part with him for anything.
    Ernie

13. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yea i got a soft heart for dogs... i just dont understand how some people can treat their pets the way they do... i mean if a dog is good for u and stuff...and then u repay it buy puttin it down or neglecting it.... That Aint Right!!

and it was hard enough to get the dog i got now...

but i will take that dog to the humane socitey before i will let him put it down.. and ill buy dog food for it too... so they wont have to pay for it... at least a small bag or 2 of food.... i just cant let a good dog like that be put down.....

Thanks leaky

Jeff

14. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Hey Jeff.... here's an idea. Put an ad in the paper and advertise the dog for $25 dollars or something. For some reason, a lot of people would rather buy a dog and think it's worth something, than take one for free. Weird, but that's the way some folks look at it. If it's free, they think it must not be worth anything. Just a thought.:roll_eyes:

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know a man that has been looking for a redbone hound to use on lions he may be interested , give me a pm ok.

16. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I can't comprehend as to why someone would want to put a hound down after going through the trouble of training it and spending time with it. I used to run blue ticks and I can't even imagine having one put to sleep just because I didn't want anymore.

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Seen plenty of stuff like that around here, we were in our little boat way upstream in the river a while back, when a hunter stopped on the bridge and threw a dead hunting dog off, I'm pretty sure he killed it. We live kind of in the country and have a ton of like starving hunting dogs come up in our yard, sometimes even high quality dogs, like we had a Husky, and a Sheep dog, they appeared to have been abused.

Hope you can figure out something Jeff, that's really messed up man. I hate people like that.

18. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm sure you will make a wise decision what to do seeings how you care and all. I firmly believe that people who abuse, or abandon dogs should be strung up, and shot. Dogs are the most loyal companions man has ever befriended, and should be treated with the dignity and respect of a human being. They have earned it for thousands of years.