What Shoes Do You Wear

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by MississippiJugHead, Jul 29, 2006.

1. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was wearing sandals and tennis shoes til I read all the posts about catfish, snakes, and turtles flopping around in boats. Now I wear my work boots to fish. What do you wear on your feet when you are fishing? Do you go for comfort or protection?

2. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Usualy tennis shoes if I'm in the boat. If I'm bank fishing, I'll wear my combat boots cause I'm scared of snakes!!

3. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Brother I wear Combat Boot's 5 days a week at work When Im fishing Im bare footed or got on my running shoes.You got to give them feet a break.And 9 times out of 10 them snakes dont wont anyting but some gone(But dont push it).....Patrick.......

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Old wore out tennis shoes,that if I have to get in the water it ain't gonna hurtem cause there shot anyway.snakes ain't gonna get near them cause they been wet too many times and:roll_eyes: STINK TOO MUCH:big_smile: Ha HA

5. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    New Balance's. Verrrrrrrrrrry comfortable. :lol:

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i wouldnt wear work boots in a boat, if you were to go overboard, even if you a good swimmer, youll probably sink like a rock with work boots on. just a thought.:cool2:

7. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    When I'm in the boat I wear boat shoes. When I'm on the bank I wear hiking boots.

8. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Crocs, in the boat and out. Nikes sometimes and airwalks. I want no hurting
    feet.
    Bill

9. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    most of the time i bank fish so i'm bare footed...ain't i country or what:big_smile:

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    deck shoes....................

11. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i wear my knee high rubber boots that i deer hunt in. i always bank fish and never am in anything deeper than my shin.

12. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I've always liked slip on type tennis shoes. As stated above, if you go out of a boat, most folks don't swim as well with boots on. You can easily kick the slip ons off. JMHO. Jack.

13. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    i wear a par of light weight shoes that can breath to let the heat out:cool2:

14. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I'm Like John Old Tennis shoes Alwaws.Like Stated above if your in a boat they can be an issue if one winds up overboard which I might add happened to me last fall. I had tennis shoes on and if it haden't been for my fishing partner Larry Hamilton I wouldent have made it as we were drifting for channels and the wind was blowing about 10 miles an hour and the boat was moveing away at a steady pace. And when I did make it back to the Boat I had a hard time getting back in because the sides of the boat are high. so I had to work myself to the stern of the boat and clime up the back of the motor. I might also add I was not wareing a life jacket I know real stupid!! A person never thinks it will happen to them. I might Also suggest that one of those rope ladders that the ski boats use to help skiers climb in and out of the boat shure would have come in handy. J.D.Straka

15. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I wear some timberland workboots. I need to get some dr. sholls foot pads for em, but other than that, the keep the water, bugs and snakes away from my feet.

16. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    In the boat I usually don't even have shoes on and on the bank I'm wearing flip flops almsot all of the time.

17. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    It may have saved your life one day in the future.You lived to learn.Now is the time to learn how and what you need to climb back in your boat in a emergency.The water is warm now.I wear loose Velcro closed sneakers as my feet often range from size 9 to 13 in a day. peewee-williams

18. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Whatever is comfortable for the day, sandals, running shoes, boots, all depends on where I am fishing at too.

Aaron

TA2D

19. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    In a boat the shoes usually come off, too much glass everywhere to not wear shoes or boots when bank fishing.

20. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    If I am fishing from the bank I wear tennis shoes. If I am wading I wear skin diver boots.