What Seperates the BOC from the rest of the media??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Jul 13, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, I sat and read a ton of threads this morning while the news was on in the other room. Nothing to do and could not sleep. It hit me like a brick in the noggin. :beat_brick:

When you log onto the BOC and start to read all you see is positive comments and positive threads 99% of the time. You see members go out of their way to help others. You see people thanking members for their help and acknowledge members when they do well also. You log on and see Rep points that people left you saying thanks or they agree. They respond with good info and never try to step on your toes. Most of the members look at the bright side of things and try to help out whenever possible.

The news media is all about the Negative. You never hear about the good in the world. I just figured I would share this with yall.

This is one of the great reasons that I call the BOC home and its members my family.

2. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    The BOC isn't the media. It's real people, saying it like it is.

:sure:

3. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Kind of a hard thread to replay to but I agree with you. I havent had the news on in years and very seldom watch tv for the same reasons. The BOC seems to always be on the positive side and if brightens up my day when I am down.

4. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    You are right brother, I should of worded it.

"What seperates the BOC from the rest of the world"

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    thats why im here Matt you said right the first time

6. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Same response applies to the rest of the world, as to the media

:big_smile:

The vast majority of folks on the BOC aren't here to get something from you, or promote their own agenda. They are here for the same reasons I am.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I'LL agree that the news is mostly neg.reporting.but you got to remember that what you hear on the news is the reporter's opion.Listen to a different ch and it's told completely different. However if it wasn't for the news some of the topics that are discussed on here would of never of been brought up.Then some of us would be lost for words,since we can't seem to catch fish.:roll_eyes:

8. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ahh... but we share with everyone else what doesn't work so they don't have to go through the same pains we went through. It may be negative news, but presented with a positive spin.

The media spreads bad news but isn't spreading it to help. We spread bad news, but expect it to help others.

9. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    THE BOC helps us common man and women learn or just makes us laugh

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Hey, I resemble that remark!!!!

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Join the crowd brother, we have even more in common. LMAO

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The Members,with their wealth of knowledge make the B.O.C. All the input from members from all over these United States make this site a great place. I am very proud to be a member!! Do I get discouraged with some of the members, Sure I do, Do I hold a grudge, Why heck no! I am able to forgive. I also get discouraged with my wife but I love her and will not leave her. I also love the B.O.C. and it's members and will not leave you. If you would like to get on the fighting side of me, Call another member out, what I mean by this Name a member by Name in a Post, criticizing him, for some infraction that is not your job. We have a very good staff in place for that reason. Back and forth squabbling on the B.O.C. is not healthy for this form. The quest read these post and you all know what can happen. No quest, no new members!!

In my Job description as Sergeant At Arms, the very first duty is to maintain order in the B.O.C. I will do this duty with all the power that I have.

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Verlon that is a great post brother, Rep points for ya.

14. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We share..................

15. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Simply put the media is irresponsible. The BOC is not.

16. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Tea brother we ARE A FAMILY not a media service. That is why we are alway helping each other that is what a faimly does. You alway put the rest of your family before your self. You always do what you can to help a family member. This is the key remember what I told once before PMA not PMS............LOL

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I only watch Foxnews and the Drudge Report online.

Now for the good news, information and help I come to BOC. :smile2:

18. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    John that is definatly true brother, I really try to help BOC members whenever I can and put a smile on their face. When I get a PM or someone tells me stuff that bothers me, it really puts a damper on my day.

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this way!

20. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Add me to that list!!! :smile2: