What rods do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by King of the Shad, Nov 17, 2006.

1. King of the Shad

King of the Shad New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I was just wondering what rods you guys use. I personally like the ugly stick tiger rod.

2. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    depends on where im fishinging small rods for lake and 12 ft and 15ft for river but all ugly sticks

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have a couple ugly sticks, ugly stick tiger, Ugly stick tiger lite, big game, power tip and beef stick. That I use for catfishing and surf fishing. I could list more but do not see the need

4. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I use big cat rods

5. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have an assortment Ugly Sticks (and other rods too) that I use in different situations.

When I fish from the bank/shore I have a couple of 9' Ugly Sticks. If I'm in my boat, I bring a variety of rods in lengths of 6'6", 7', 7'6", 8' and a 12' Crappie rod. If I am on my kick boat I use 6'6" rods . If I am float tubing I go with 6'. On Ice I use 24" - 30" rods and I also bring my 5'6".

6. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    I use berkley reflex rods 8' they are great rods but berkley's not making them anymore.

7. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    There are so many rich people down here that get rid of their rods just because they are scratched up or have broken guides etc, that I just get whatever I can p/u cheap. In the event something happens to one of them I don't lose any sleep over it:wink:

8. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    ABU Garcia rods are the only rods for me. I have 1 catfish ugly stix they are good rods for the price but they can't touch my ABU's.

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    St.Croix, G. Loomis> Big fish; Orvis, Sage, Reddington> Flyfishing

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use Quantum Big Cat rods on my 7000c3 reels. I also have Ugly Sticks and berkley reflex rods that I use on smaller Penn reels. (320ld) They all work great. I use Loomis rods for bass fishing. Hope this helps.:cool2:

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I use 7' MH action Tiger Ugly Stiks

12. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ugly stick tiger 7ft m/h
    7ft ugly stick tiger lite heavy
    8 ft berkley glowstick(nice rod but after one year the light up part dont work no more Griz told me to drop a glowstick in there I will try it next time out)

13. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i have 3 rods i mainly use for cattin. i have a shakspeare tiger spinning rod thats 7' and cabelas king cat that is 7' and a wildcat trophecat that is 7'6" i also have a zebco ultra light crappie pole, and old ugly stik from the 80's (it was my grandpas) i have an old water eagle that folds down and thats all. i dont use the last two much but i do like to use my zebco for the bluegill lol.

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use 7'' and 8'' berkley big game MH rods! those rods suits my fishing fine.

15. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Catfish Ugly Stik And Jim Moyer The Boss.

16. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    abu fs200 on my 6000,on my other 6000 i shakespear contender,on my carp outfits i have the same two abu 6000's on 2 berkley lightning rods abunch of 33's on some bass rods a penn9 on a zebco boss rod,shakespeare sigma on a shakespeare excursion rod(6foot-6foot6),a penn 309 on another contender rod.im sure there are more but i cant not rember at the moment.

17. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Berkley E-Cat#3@#4 St. Croix catfish Specials, Ugly Stick Tigers M/H J.D.
    :0a17:

18. jimmyk

jimmyk New Member

State:
    virginia
    I use ugly stick tigers, 7' mh rods with penn 320 gt reels. i really like this set up.

19. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    I prefer eagle claw rods, i am getting into rod building now and if i had the money I would try some G. Loomis blanks.

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    ive got three berkly tiger rods two berkly big-game rods two eagle claw catclaws and two other rods that i cant remember the brand all from 7 to 12 footers and in med or med/hev action