what rod to get

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Harleycat, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    surge elite or catfish safari flathead rod

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    If i were going to chose between those two rods, id have to go with the catfish safari flathead rod. Ive never used one but several guys on here swear by them and thats good enough for me. Im sure they are a great rod or all the BOC members wouldnt brag them up like they do. rspd507

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    get a catfish safari rod. I own a couple surge rods. There too dang limber at the tip. So much so it takes about a foot before you get into a part of the rod that can set a hook. Lost to many hookups because of this.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey whats wrong with snoopy poles?there great for catching bait fish.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have never used either.. im a St,Croix guy, but i would like to say catfish safari makes some great looking rods... i would gladly demo one for them....:smile2: what...? im married with a kid now!!! money is tight around the house!!! rollo

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Catfish safari rod Hands down.

why in the world would anyone want a rod that in the slightest current the tip points right at the bait? Exactly what good is that part of the rod????

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Take a look at the Ugly Stick Tiger series. Also check out the BOC sponsors for rods. You can have one build with the action you want. Not to bad on prices.

8. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have never used a Safari rod but all these posts makes me want one bad. I am saving my dimes and nickels so I can get one cause I don't think Santa is planning on bringing me one this x-mas.

9. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just got me a set of the Catfish Safari rods. Can't wait to get out and catch a fish on them. i would recommend them for sure.

10. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    well its like this, i took all my rods & sold them at the bait store, i now have 8 catfish safari rods, 2 lake rods & 6 river rods. i wouldnt fish without them, e1 that fishes with them wants one, myself & e1 on here that has them all agree its the best rod they have every owned. i dont think there has been one post with a bad thing to say about the rods. that might be the best input you can get.

11. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Two piece available for these rods ?

12. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    catfish safari .com steves rods are awsome i have 6 lake rods for a few years now . going to get a set of his flathead rods soon. i caught missouris state record flathead a few years ago 77lbs 8 ounces and thousands of blue cats . the catfish safari rods are what u need tuff as nails last u a lifetime.