what rod/reel

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by jamesriverman, Sep 2, 2008.

1. jamesriverman

jamesriverman New Member

State:
    va
    Ok i am just gating real about cating and i need real rods and reels.I will be fishing in a small cannel with a lot of brush and what not i will be fishing for blues and flatheads and wont a reel biger then a abumaster 6500 and do not wont to pay for the 7000i and am looking for a good well made reel with a lot of drag and it has to be a bait caster.

rods

I wont a '7 foot rod with a lot of back bone but a soft tip for the c hooks and i would like to pay less then $40 per rod.If all else fails i will get 2 7000i reels and 2 shakespeare tiger rods.

what about the king kat rods

How are they for $20 i might get 1 do you think they will be good for my kind of fishing.

by the way i have no boat

and it that cannel my bro got a 35lb flathead today

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well if you don't want to pay for a 7000c3 I suggest you stay with the 6500 there been a many big fish landed with a 6500 and as for the rod I would check out the ugly sticks

3. jamesriverman

jamesriverman New Member

State:
    va
    what about a Cardiff reel i might get a slightly used 1 for $50 what about that should i get it.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well for the reel, of course i suggest a pflueger contender G30. and for the rod id recommend trying an american spirit OTS supreme they have some good products. you should be able to pick up this rod and reel for right at $100. if you were wanting to try a king kat rod id suggest going with the heaver rated 8 or 9 foot ones but their longer than what you were looking for.