What Rod For An Abu Garcia 7000?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Bravesnflat25, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    I was wanting to know what would be a good rod for a 7000. I have a 7000ICS Rocket and a 7000 CL Big Game Old School. I do not want to break the bank. But I want a rod that will be able to do the job with a 40 to 50 pound fish on the end. I have the 2 reels to do the job. Now I need me a set of good rods

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Check out Catfish Safari Rods, a BOC Sponsor. Steve will be glad to help you with questions.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I'll 2nd that. Check out www.shop.catfishsafari.com Steve will be more then happy to help you pick the right rod for the type of fishing you do. I have 5 CS rods now and needing more. Have to supply the girlfriend with her own. :wink:

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I've always been fond of Ugly Stik Tiger Rods. I have 6 ABU 7000c3's, all on Tiger rods.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Well it just so happens I have recently matched up the Abu Garcia 7000ICS Pro Rocket Reel with the Catfish Safari Flathead Rod and must say they make a real nice marriage! :cool2: Not sure what you consider "breaking the bank" but the rods go for $80 plus shipping!

6. catBob

catBob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Dawi beef stick $30 or eagle claws

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    bass pro shops catmax m/h 7.5 ft is a great rod for 50.00 bucks I have landed 70 pounders on them with no problem !:wink:

8. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Dustin, take your time on deciding what rods you want or BEFORE you know it you'll have 10 different brands of rods! There are several GOOD rod companies out there! I have Surge, Qauntom, Shakespeare, Berkley, G Loomis, Fenwick, etc. I use most of these rods for different applications. Its hard to find a rod thats perfect for ALL conditions, lakes with light weights, River with 16oz current, drifting w/3-4oz, lightweight rods, sensitive tips for circle hooks and stiff rods for BIG baits and lots of struture and 10-24oz weights! I guess you see what I mean, as you experiment with new CAT tactics your arsenal grows SO take your time and look at what each brand of rod offers you and your individual budget.:big_smile:

9. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Imma have to hurry up and get me a CS rod, I would say get one... All I hear are good reviews about them.:wink: