What river in Texas do you fish?

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by coolarrow2, Nov 13, 2006.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was just wondering what river in Texas you fish? I fish the Trinity river. I fish with rod and reel alot but I really love to run 5 hook throwlines when I have the time. I hit the river with the lines in the spring and in the fall. If we can get good live bait were there. Going to try to catch bait this week and put out the lines Thursday night.

2. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I fish the Elm Fork of the Trinity below Lake Lewisville

3. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish out of the Liberty boat ramp most of the time. Between Houston and Beaumont. Some where between 10 miles up or down river is where I spend most of my time.

4. cat-chaser

cat-chaser New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lately, I've been spending a lot of time fishing the Trinity River below Lake Livingston dam. The catfish have been biting really good for the last few weeks.

5. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    The Trinity boat launch off 19 up from Huntsville down from Trinity

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I've made three trips on the Brazos out of Marlin,Tx (30 miles SE of Waco) since July. Its a rocky bottom river up there. Its been fun. Not a lot of quantity, but there have been some good size fish taken. Several 9-12 lb blues and my friend took a 22 lb longnose gar when we went last Saturday.

7. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Any East Texas rivers worth fishing??

8. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    (tobystan_2000) how far are you from Jasper or silsbee. The Angelina river in Jasper is the best place i have ever fished lake or river. It runs into the Neches river a ways down and the neches has some very good fishing also, i know there are a lot of oppalusa in the neches.

9. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I fish the San Marcos River.

10. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    bosque, brazos, colorado, and Home Creek(FAVORITE)

11. waitin on whiskers

waitin on whiskers New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Lower Lavaca, Navidad and the colorado and guadalupe

12. bgbluecat

bgbluecat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Used to do some scuba diving on the Guadalupe, Comal and San Marcos rivers before they got so full of people. From the dam on the Guadalupe west of I35 go 100yds upstream to the confluence of the Comal. Lots of limestone caves and washouts under the cypress trees lining the south bank. I've never seen so many big flatheads laid up in rows. All along the face of the dam where logs have sunk into piles on the bottom there are flatties in almost every hidey hole. Got all enthused about it and made an overnight trip with the plan to fish large baits on 10/0 circle hooks and have some rod and reel fun. Did not get a single pickup. Came back 3 weeks later and put out a trotline and 10 jugs - all with live bait. Only two baits killed by turtles. Maybe when I retire I'll have some time to invest in chasing those cats.