What rig is best for catfishing

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by littlebigman, Aug 2, 2007.

1. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Every time we go catfishing in a boat my dad (zing) catches all the fish.And i thought it was the way i rig my line.i use a three way swivel with a weight on the long line and on the short line i put a hook, my dad(zing) uses a weight above a swivel and then about a foot of leader with a hook on the end(carolina rig).We drop right off the edge of the boat and then reel about 1-2 feet off the bottem. And was wondering if there is a good or bad way to rig for catfish.

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Both those rigs you describe are good ones. Both have caught alot of fish in alot of situations. .
    The "Best" rig/line/hook/swivel/whatever, is what YOU feel the most comfortable with. I prefer the Carolina rig myself, but thats not to say its the best rig for you. I also try different ones for different situations or if I want to change my bait presentation... Best thing to do is to try several and find the one that works best for ya...

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    You didn't say what bait you were using or the leader length of your rig....Assuming that you are using the same leader length, your dad is fishing his bait about a foot off the bottom, while yours is higher off the bottom...Try reverseing the sinker/hook on your rig....Also check out the BOC Table of Contents in my signature and go to the catfish rigs and check em out....Also, doing like daddy does wouldn't be a bad idea.....lol....Dwight