What rig for carp ?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by beakus, Apr 19, 2007.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    what kind of rig do you u use for carp?is it a bottom rig or a floating rig.

2. rickr

rickr New Member

State:
    Schertz Texas
    Three weight Fly Rod with a Horse Fly Nymph provides the most fun.:big_smile:

Rick

3. rickr

rickr New Member

State:
    Schertz Texas
    Sorry, honest question needs honest answer :tounge_out: . Although I do use a 3wt fly rod when fun fishing for Carp, I usually fish off the bottom with spinning gear when I want to catch a few for cut bait (more reliable). I do suspend the bait using a bobber if there are a lot of weeds on the bottom.

Rick

4. Chrisingeorgia

Chrisingeorgia New Member

State:
    NY
    For carp I usally fish bottom with a rig similiar to what I use for cats, only with a much smaller straight shanked hook. They have trouble getting circle hooks in their mouths and when they do it's much harder to remove.

5. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Well...if you're lucky (or unlucky) like me. Try fishing for catfish with a simple slip bobber, barrel swivel, 12' leader and a 5-0 cirlcle hook. I was using this setup for catfish this morning with a nightcrawler pushed all the way through the hook and caught an 8 and a 10 lb carp. I was wishing they were cats, but it was fun nonetheless. :confused2:

6. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i kill them on just a good ole slip rig

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Google "how to tie hair rig" It will increase your hook-ups like mad!

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Yup, the ol' English style "hair-Rig" will do the trick! I use those bigger yellow powerbait balls. seem to work as good as anything I have ever used. HTH

9. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i either use a 3-way swivle with 2 size 4 wide bend hooks about 1 ounce of weight.or a just a single sliding sinker rig with the same weight and same size hook. but i fish southern paypond style.lol