What rain can do.

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  scout 
#1 ·
What rain can do to a garden.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
What are you all doing out there?

NOTHIN'. As my old pappy used to say, "A man does what he has to do - if he can't get out of it." TOO much goin' on to tend a garden. Your's looks GREAT!
My old pappy also said, "Work is fine for killin' time, but it's a shaky way to make a living." :).. Actually Breat and Bart Maverick's old pappy said those things, but they sound good to my lazy tail! :wink::smile2::wink: Seriously, I'm growing 8 tomato plants this year. In conjunction with my SEVERAL HUNDRED cactus species, my plate's about full!

Bill in SC

#6 ·
I have a whole folder full of pic's of your cacti. They make a great reference for me. I could never grow such beautiful plants as you can.
(By the way, my "babies", Thelocactus Setispinus, are flowering right now)

#8 ·
My T setispinus hasn't started yet, but my Echinopsis hybrids have been off the charts!! I guess I should start a folder with photobucket so everyone can view them.

<I could never grow such beautiful plants as you can.>

I'm SURE you COULD! You are much too modest.

Bill in SC

#10 ·
My T setispinus hasn't started yet, but my Echinopsis hybrids have been off the charts!! I guess I should start a folder with photobucket so everyone can view them.

<I could never grow such beautiful plants as you can.>

I'm SURE you COULD! You are much too modest.

Bill in SC
Bill, please do post pics. A cactus is a cactus to me but i love lookin at pictures. You and Tom sound like agronomist talkin all them scientific names i can't pronounce. Only scientific name i know is "Don'tus Knowith"

#12 ·
John, truth be told, I sent Bill a picture of my cactus and mentioned that I had been trying for years to ID it with no luck. Turns out, silly me was looking in the wrong places all along. Should have simply went to Bill. He not only sent me the proper name of it, but sent me pic of his just like it. Ours lived around 33 years and a few years before it died, it "birthed" 8 "babies" along it's base. Up till then, it only gave out one bloom every five years or so. These babies are now full grown and each give out several blooms a year.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.