What PS2 games to get???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by derbycitycatman, Dec 27, 2006.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was lucky enough to have my PS2 replaced for Christmas:big_smile: . Was wondering if anyone has played any of these games, College Hoops 2k7, Black, Sega Genesis Collection and Destroy All Humans. All these are on sale for $10 and am trying to decide what to get. Went and picked up Resident Evil 4 for 10
    yesterday and it looks great.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    My kids have PS2 and I picked them up a game for Christmas that I actually can play seeing how I'm video game challenged. LOL! It was a cheap one (under $10) called Pinball Hall of Fame - The Gottlieb Collection. It turned into a big hit with the kids as we actually argued over who got to play next. Up to 4 players can play and with my 4 daughters and I all home at once someone had to sit out each round. We had the pinball world championship yesterday and dad squeaked out the title by a narrow margin:cool2: .The game is real cool to me cause I grew up playing the real machines and this game brought back all those great memories and is a lot of fun.

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    The game "Black" is for a black operatives kind of game. Its a shoot-em-up game that is intense and fun. "Destroy all Humans" is freakin hilarious! In Destroy all Humans, you get to mind probe people, elevate people and objects, and when you get into your spaceship, you get to destroy just about everything.
    One of my all time favorite PS2 games is Burnout Revenge. If you like to drive fast cars, and then smash them, this is the game for you.

Kenny

4. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    That pinball game sounds great for my nephews for when they visit. Theyre a little young for most of the games I like and its good that four can play at once so theres no fighting.

I think all the games I listed Id enjoy just got to figure out which ones Id like best. I played Burnout 3 and its alot of fun, go as fast as you can and make the biggest wreck you can is a blast.:big_smile:

The Sega collection has like 20 games from the old sega genesis on that disc and most are pretty good games. I heard Black was kinda short but the shooting was good. Do you know if it has multi player? Destroy all Humans looks funny and fun. Might end up getting all I listed, I just need time to play em all. Hope it snows two feet so I can sit back, relax and play some games. The Resident Evil 4 game is pretty spooky, a great game if you like horror games at all.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man, just buy Guitar Hero 1 or 2, best game there is. My friend has it, I don't even like video games usually, and I have been playing his, a ton of fun!

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I never did play video games. Never was good at it. :roll_eyes:
    Wife and kids have a lot of fun playing them.:big_smile:

My Son loves football. If he aint watching NFL etc on TV he is playing Madden NFL on PS2. :smile2:. I watch and they get into it over NFL game. :tounge_out:

7. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    i like the Need For Speed series, great game if you love to drive fast cars and customize them the way you want.

8. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Ive been playing Cabelas Outdoor advetures and the hunting on there is awsome.

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive got college hoops 2k7 its a fun game

10. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N

Nope, Black isnt a two player game....... Its a shame too. Its got some intensive action to it, and yes, it is kinda short.:tounge_out: I just discovered Star wars Battlefront.:cool2: For $15.00, thats another favorite!

Kenny

11. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I've got Ace Combat 4 and 5, both games are fun to play.

chris

12. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    one game i would not reccomend is rapella pro fishing, it would be easier to take a 6 year old whos never seen a lake, set him there with a 10ft castnet and tell him to cast it perfect than it would be to teach him how to cast that game, plus its more of a bass game

13. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Black is pretty awesome but it is only a one player game. That sega genesis collection probably has all of sega's games -that'd be pretty cool, but the graphics definitely wouldn't be. Black is a good game though...

14. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I did buy Rapala's Pro Fishing this past weekend. It is a blast! The only downside of this game is that there are no catfish to be caught:crazy: .

15. bearhunter

bearhunter New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I am a madden nut madden 06 is my Fav. but the 07 is tight i reccommend them both Go Bears 07

16. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree. Guitar Hero 2 has got to be hands down the funnest game I've played in a long time. I play guitar though, but that makes it funner because it ain't like the real thing so it gets confusing to me. I'm gonna invest in that game soon.

17. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    MX vs ATV is a REAL good game.. think its like 15.00 at walmart maybe.. my little brother bought it and i play it 10x more than he does lol... u can choose from ATV, MX, Sand rails...(dune buggies) monster trucks and alot more.. do races.. even just ride wheelies and get points then unlock stuff... umm Mark Davis pro bass challenge is pretty good... around 10.00... my cousin bought a game called.."Gunn"... he said it was a real good game.. there are 3 decent ones.. that i would recommend

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah man, it's awesome. Hope you get it, you will enjoy it, although it can get kind of addicting.:embarassed:

19. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Just played Guitar Hero 2 and it is awesome, spent like an hour in walmart looking like an idiot trying to figure it out. Was very nice playing it on 50" or so TV. Ended up having to give up the guitar, a kid was wanting to play. I will be buying it in the future. Does anyone know if you can play it without the guitar?
    I think Id still rather have the guitar though.

I picked up Spiderman 2, cool webslinging action for 4$. Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater for 10$ looks like its going to be good. Ill never play another Madden game just because they bought out the rights for NFL games, so that means no NFL 2K series for awhile, which I liked way better than any Madden. A friend had Madden 07 so we gave that a try then gave 2k5 a try. Both of us preferred 2k5.

20. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Socom3 socom3 socom3. Best game ever. Great online also. Worldwide warfar. I have a 360 and the old xbox, but when it comes to playstation socom is all I play.