What Peta is up to now...

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Cuda-Cada, Jan 15, 2009.

1. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm a member of PETA...People eating tasty animals...Seriously though, they need to do something about those kinds of ads. Even though the whole idea of "sea Kittens" is hilarious, I still find it offensive. Maybe we should start our own advertising campaign "Punch a Peta Member in the face" Maybe that will catch on....just my two cents.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Do we need any more convincing evidence that these looney tunes are totally out of touch with reality?

Once again, I believe there are plenty or real animal cruelty and abuse issues out there in the world that they could spend their energy on, but instead they come up with this. Seems like they get further and further out there all the time.

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Man you got to be kidden me, that is a Joke.:smile2::smile2:

WHAT do you find offensive Jon?.

Even Our Lord Jesus ate fish and recommended to fish and eat.:wink: As you can read at the bottom of all my posts.

Thank you Lord A,men.:wink:

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    If you really think about it, yanking a hook through a fish's face and wenching it up form the depths of the river is not too friendly.

Dumb liberals.

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I find these folks to be out of touch with reality. If it had not been for the flesh of animals and fish....people would have died off thousands of years ago. The truth of the matter is as long as there are fish and as long as there are fishermen....fish are gonna get the hook. Its no different than when I have to go to the dentist....yeah I feel the pain of the needle, but as long as there are dentists and as long as I have teeth, I guess I'll just have to deal with it. I've tasted imitation meats and meat substitutes and they can have it. Those people need to get a life and stop harassing those of us who do!!!:wink:

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I agree,sounds bad.
    :smile2:The fish does not realize it, thats what he was created for, a food source..:wink:

infidel= N-F-H

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hmmm PETA what a bunch Of MEATHEADS! almost not worth typin bout.....
    I have a active peta freak that lives behind me (LOL) so I make sure I clean my fish in vey good view of them evey chance I get ..bet I cleand 200lbs of fillets last yr getting the madd stare(LOL) all the while we was sippin our barley popps talkin bout the next run..:tounge_out:..and next yr we will be hangin Bambi's up as much as we can.....skinnin em out right smack dabb in town where there welcome to watch that too.. ya can bet on it.:smile2:.they dont talk to me and that is just the way I like it ....and if they ever do start spittin there garbage at me I think I am gonna puke on there shoes:roll_eyes:.....I believe in treating yer animals good hell our pets get treated better then we ever will-fed good...sleep with us but I eat meat and all this save the world stuff realy gets to me at times...when is the maddness gonna end?????..:confused2:.."IDIOTS!":cool2:

8. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I find the whole idea of "Sea kittens" offensive. I think that PETA and all of its members should get a life. If it sounded like I meant that fishing was offensive I apologize. I catch and eat just as many fish as the next guy, so you'll never see me supporting something like PETA. Make the world a better place, Punch a PETA member in the face:smile2:

9. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I thought that was one of the reasons for the invent of circle hooks to lower the mortality rate of fish "sea kittens" wow who are they targeting children?

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dang I need to hook and pet a kitty...maybe fillet it:wink::roll_eyes::smile2::cool2:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You are a very wise man, Kenny.
    Thank you for your wisdom.

12. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    yall are way to harsh on peta. everyone is, they are just trying to help. poor guys they need a vacation.if i had the money i would send them all to africa so they could spend some quality time with there poor defenceless animals like lions, crocidiles, hippos, elephants and snakes.i know i am to compasionite for my own good:smile2:

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now thats a rite nice thought....hopefully them animals er hungy too:crazy::eek:oooh::smile2: I'd rep ya but I burned em all up today:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I could go on and on about Peta but I will leave it simple. What a joke!!!!They lost the main reason they started and now they are so far out there that they will never find there way back.

15. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    PETA is always on someone's ass about something. They don't happen to mention the over half of the animals they rescue they put to sleep anyhow. It just turns them in to hypocrite's. These people need to find some real animal cruelty. Sound's like there running out of idea's to me.

16. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If you are asking me - I'm not talking about fishing and hunting at all. I think of catch and release fishing as sort of an extreme sport for the fish. Must be a real thrill for them! :wink:

What sort of treatment of animals do I find offensive? Neglect of pets. Dog fighting. Cock fighting. Overfishing. Raising livestock in miserable conditions (got no problem with eating them, but why torture them first?) I'm sure I could think of a few more, but you get the idea.

17. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    That's right they are targeting children.
    That is where the next generation of PETA will come from, so we all need to talk to all the kids we can,take as many fishing as we can and try to show them some common sense.:wink:

18. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I take my 11 year old whenever I can I'm so glad he enjoys it my father took me out when I was 4 and caught a golden carp about 17 inches I'll never forget it.That is sad how they do that twist children's minds.Does anyone regulate them? Someone needs to crack down on that kinda stuff

19. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Kenny....you need some of those bumper stickers like I've seen that say...

"I like Cats...they taste good!"

Or "Cats....the other white meat"

Or " Cats...its whats for supper"

I bet that would get to them!!!.....LOL